alfons

Members
  • Content count

    4
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

0 Neutral

About alfons

  • Rank
    Newbie
  1. @jelockwood: On my Mac, ProjectX currently runs under Mac OS X El Capitan (10.11). I still use it once in a while and it still works very well. However, my usual workflow has changed because I now use TS-Doctor. It is actually a Windows program but runs well on Macs using a Wine-based Windows emulator. There is an installation script for PlayOnMac which worked very well (you'll find a link at https://cypheros.de/forum_ger2/index.php?topic=3746.0 -- the description on this site is in German but the screenshots may help). Although TS-Doctor is paid software (and it spontaneously crashes once in while), I find it very well worth the money because it greatly simplifies my workflow regarding subtitles and saves a lot of time when dealing with recordings from channels with advertisements. The program produces .ts files which don't play 100% correct. I further process these files by just opening and saving them in Avidemux (for BBC and Channel 4 recordings, using pass-thru settings) or by converting their audio stream using ffmpeg (for ITV and Channel 5 recordings, which for whatever reason use a somewhat different audio). As to your questions regarding MPEG streamclip or VLC conversion: I also found both not working directly with EyeTV's .mpg files. For channels from different satellites I sometimes ffmpeg with pass-thru (or remux, which is a GUI for ffmpeg).
  2. SAT>IP Cable (DVB-C) support

    That'd be a great feature, indeed. I am in the same boat. May I ask which other software you are using on the Mac with the Octopus Net box?
  3. Thanks to you both for sharing your experiences with these recordings. @SiChan: Regarding your remark on the audio track length of 00:00:00 in Subler: I had the same issue and I suspect that this is due to missing meta-information in the audio stream. If one ignores those zeros and saves the file in Subler, it shows the correct duration. (At least it does so for me.) @BillyBob: I also experienced the issue of the first few seconds of audio missing and worked around this by keeping a few more seconds at the beginning of the recording. Not ideal, but it works.
  4. Hi, I can confirm that these Freeview HD recordings are tricky. I don't believe the problem is with DRM, but rather with some quirky makeup of these streams (which may very well have to do with headers). From my experience, using the Export function in EyeTV doesn't work for these streams. I experienced the same choppy video and/or stuttering audio. I found different ways to deal with these streams: Separate the audio and video streams and process them using different apps, then re-mux them. The audio stream can be extracted with EyeTV (using the "export mpeg elementary streams" option). The video stream can be extracted from the mpg file (in the .eyetv package) using Avidemux (video codec "copy", saved in an mp4 container). Both streams can the be muxed in an app like Subler. This process does not require re-encoding. Use ffmpeg on the mpg file (in the .eyetv package) to convert the audio, like so: /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -i "$FileName" -vcodec copy -af "aresample=matrix_encoding=dplii" -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc -metadata:s:a:1 lang=eng -acodec aac -y /tmp/muxed.mp4 You may want to adjust the audio processing settings (-af "aresample=matrix_encoding=dplii" -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc -metadata:s:a:1 lang=eng -acodec aac) to your liking. Also, you must of course edit the location/name of the source (-i) and target (-y) files. You can easily install ffmpeg using Homebrew. One could probably also use VLC to re-package the .mpg file (using either the "convert/stream" or the "stream/export assistant" menu items) without re-encoding the streams. (I remember having tried that but I don't recall the reason for not having used this option.) I wrote a little Automator script for option 2 to automate the process (save this as a "service" which receives movie files in Finder; one can then use this directly on .eyetv packages). Please note that this script also takes care of extracting and converting the subtitles (which are usually off by 2 to 4 seconds; they need to be synced afterwards). This functionality requires additional apps. These lines of code can just be deleted if not desired. for f in "$@" do ###### general stuff ShowName=`/usr/bin/basename "$f" .eyetv` cd "$f" FileName="$(ls *.mpg)" ###### convert stream /usr/local/bin/ffmpeg -i "$FileName" -vcodec copy -af "aresample=matrix_encoding=dplii" -bsf:a aac_adtstoasc -metadata:s:a:1 lang=eng -acodec aac -y /tmp/muxed.mp4 ###### extract and convert subtitles java -jar /Applications/ProjectX/ProjectX.app/Contents/Resources/Java/ProjectX.jar "$f"/*mpg -ini /Applications/ProjectX/X.ini -name tempfile -out /tmp /usr/local/bin/VobSub2SRT --tesseract-data /usr/local/share/tessdata /tmp/tempfile.sup /Applications/SubCleaner.app/Contents/MacOS/SubCleaner /tmp/tempfile.sup.srt & sleep 3 killall SubCleaner mv /tmp/tempfile.sup.srt ~/Movies/"$ShowName".en.srt ###### clean up mv /tmp/muxed.mp4 ~/Movies/"$ShowName".m4v rm /tmp/tempfile* rm -r /tmp/Original\ Subtitles done I hope this is helpful to you (or anyone). It'd be great if you could let me/us know how this works for you (or which other solutions you find).