jepperi

Is an ATV4 app ever going to be released?

It doesn't seem like a PVR app is coming for tvOS, does someone have any info on this?

I'm about to switch to DVBLink that promises a tvOS app this month...

• Like 1

Do you know if a public beta is coming, I'd be really interested to try it out?

I hope it'll include fast channel switching like Channels app is providing now, I use it with HDHomerun now but it lacks good PVR functions that EyeTV offers...

Edited by jepperi

thomaskud, you mentioned TVOS app is going to be released now. Do you have any updates on the schedule?

I'd be happy to continue with EyeTV but it desperately needs a TVOS app...

6 minutes ago, Ton said:

Is in the App Store. See on your aTV.

No idea why Geniatech does not provide this info.

ScrnPrnt.816.png

Edited by Ton

No changes from the way Elgato cared [NOT] for their customers It's really too bad: a good product (EyeTV) going to waste and becoming abandon-ware.

I am almost certain to switch to either TVHeadend or DVBlink. Difficult to decide which since each product has its advantages and disadvantages. Positive is that both (in contrary to EyeTV) can work with all HDHomeRuns.

True. DVBlink has indeed very good support. If only Elgato/Geniatech offered 50% of their support, then ..... 

TVHeadend/MythTV are more meant for hobbyists that are able to solve problems themselves and have knowledge of Linux. Exception is when you het to know a user on a more "personal" base. Also it will take many, many hours (even days, weeks) to get it all setup and running.

Any word on the release of the EyeTV TVos app?

Will it require transcoding of the files in order to view recorded files (like the iPad version does)?

It is about time that this was updated so on the fly conversion is done use the CPU or GPU power on the Mac hosting EyeTV.  There is plenty of power to do this on modern devices.  There are plenty of programs that do this already however the EyeTV mpg files inside the EyeTV file are unusual so that most/all programs can't read them properly (eg. Airvideo or Infuse or Nastify.

As a side question does DVBlink read and play EyeTV files without conversion?