jepperi

Is an ATV4 app ever going to be released?

Multiple DVB devices:

Can multiple different reception devices (DVB-S, DVB-T, DVB-C) be used together in the planned ATV4 app ? 
In other words is it possible to have a channel list containing channels from an   EyeTV Netstream 4Sat   AND from an   EyeTV Netstream 4C ?
This limitation still exist in your EyeTV netstream iOS app (not in the EyeTV Mac program) where I always have to switch from my devices in the app settings which is very annoying !

Export/ Import channel configuration between multiple devices:

In the ATV4 app, do you plan to include a possibility to copy personal channel lists/favorites on multiple tvOS/iOS devices ?
Using 2 satellite positions (Astra + Hotbird) there are over 1000 channels and it is very painful to configure a reduced channel list (smaller list only with used channels).
Until now it has to be done on each iOS device (iPhones, iPads, ...) !
With one or more ATV4 device in the house , this problem will get more annoying !
A possibilty to export/import channel lists or channel favorites (maybe XML ?) on each device would be very helpful (also as a backup if one accidentally deletes the channel list).
Maybe on later netstream devices it would be helpful to save such lists on the device itself for central distribution ?

Personally, I just want to be able to watch my EyeTV recordings on my TV - without having to jump through hoops like mirroring my display and using the keyboard/mouse to control playback!

Strangely I missen the above thread.

However I get a horrible feeling from the screenprints meaning that  it is going to be a standalone app as in 'no connection to the Mac'. And that is not what many people want. You must understanding that the EyeTV app on IOS fulfillmenttarieven the need of many people: watchint Live TV, setup recordings either schedules or on the fly and mostly watching already recorded stuff on the Mac. As the aTV has not much Ram recordings must be schedules somewhere else. Hope you are not thinking in Cloud solution, too ezpensive too slow,  Also USB devices cannot be connected to aTV.

Also EyeTV 4, please no Cloud. It is inefficiënt, expensive, slow..

Too bad you did not tell us months ago this would be the way the aTV app was going. You would have saved a lot of effort. But hope my fears are wrong.

Do we have any screen shots of an EyeTV app that is not Netstream?  If the iPad app could just be ported to the AppleTV that would be a great start. 

Then work on getting EyeTV 4 up and running that can serve as a backend. 

Thank you

6 hours ago, toyotakurtis said:

Do we have any screen shots of an EyeTV app that is not Netstream?  If the iPad app could just be ported to the AppleTV that would be a great start. 

Then work on getting EyeTV 4 up and running that can serve as a backend. 

Thank you

you can find pictures on the genitech hompage

https://www.geniatech.eu/eyetv/product/eyetv-app/

and app store

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/eyetv/id329886711?mt=8

Thank you Joda99, I have the iPad app and use it often.  What I would like to see is this type of app running on the AppleTV. The guide data and ease of recording is great with the iPad app. The only issue that would need to be addressed for the iPad app to work on the AppleTV is playing recordings. Right now recording have to be converted before they will play / stream to your iPad. Since you are able to watch live then EyeTV should be able to either convert on the fly or utilize hardware transcoding offered by other products. 

Still would like to see some screen shots of the EyeTV app for AppleTV that is not for the "Netstream". 

Thank you

Why convert? I play recordings both on iPhone/iPad with no conversion before playing.

Presently there is no app for aTV4. Was promised a long time ago but never deliveren. You can buy "Livezapp for EyeTV". Has identical functions.

Livezapp will only play recording that have been made "iPhone" compatible. It's live tv function is choppy and the user interface is not very pleasing. The EyeTV app for iPhone and iPad will only play recordings that have the box checked for "iPhone" next to them. This is a transcoding function and takes a while after the recording has finished. 

Genitech, any chance you would be willing to share the iPad App code? If the code was available the iPad app could be easily made compatible with AppleTV.  If this is possible please send me a personal message. 

On a side note, I have downloaded DVBlink for the 20 trial version. The user interface is not near as nice as EyeTV running on my Mac. But the kicker is that I could remove my Mac Mini from my entertainment center if I use DVBlink. I say this because I am at least hoping that EyeTV's AppleTV app has as much functionality as the DVBlink app but with EyeTV polish on the user interface. 

Only 10 more days left in February, sure hope the post earlier that said the EyeTV app will be released by the end of February was a true statement.  

Thank you 

I bet that in the 1st (full) week of March they wil announce a "beta, coming real soon now".

Seriously, I absolutely cannot understand that they now need more than a full year to port an existing working IOS app to TvOS. Even creating a fully new app (hopefully with a EPG GUI similar to Mac) from scratch does not need more than 3 months. 

Also wonders me why they did not acquire for example Livezapp or Channels or ..... Make the scheduling identical/same and presto a working app.

On 2/1/2017 at 3:10 PM, thomaskud said:

I need to say sorry that EyeTV app is still not available now. But a good news is: EyeTV App will be coming in February. I feel so sorry about this issue and hope the EyeTV App is exactly as you all expected. Sorry again.

Thomaskud,

We are waiting for the AppleTV 4 App, tomorrow is the last day of February and unfortunately this is not a leap year. 

I understand that you guys might be focusing on the Netstream device but don't forget all the other loyal EyeTV customers. We own Macs for a reason. If we wanted crap programs we would have bought a PC. EyeTV is still one of the best DVR programs available, please do not disappoint your customers.

I will be checking the AppleTV 4 App Store for my EyeTV app come tomorrow evening!

Thank you

Well, it is here (CET) 7:35 March 1 and quess what?

Np EyeTV on the aTV4. Another day people are forced to use either DVBlink, TVHeadend, Livezapp, Channels or .....  if they want to watch TV on the aTV.

:( :( :( :(

Edited by Ton

Is it possible to use any of those apps without a computer as a server?
In other words: can you use the apps on atv4 directly with the netstream 4c?

Channels works directly with any HDHR, no PC/Mac needed. There may be more but the aTV store is not really searchable.

Similar DVBlink & TVHeadend can be installed on a NAS so also no Mac/PC necessary. Both are less user-friendly than EyeTV.

So I have been debating making a switch to another DVR program for a while now. I think I will keep EyeTV for recording shows that I want to archive but will be making the jump to HDHomerun DVR. There is a good app for AppleTV called InstaTV that connects to the HDHomerun DVR program and it has live TV with time shift  

This will allow me to move my Mac Mini out of my media cabinet and all of the related equipment like external hard drive switch etc. 

Sorry that EyeTV has pushed me to this but I guess things don't necessarily have to always change for the better just because a new company buys EyeTV. 

17 hours ago, Ton said:

@admin @Abigale @David Andel @Dual_HD @Echo88 @justin @Mikyesun @N.Z @Nick @NinjaKai @thomaskud @Vanessa

Now it is March 2nd, 19:25.

This is really sad. For the Nthe time not keeping promises but most worse is no message, no notice, no whatsoever at all. Not even the faintest excuse!!!!!

:(  

we will test app on 06.03. If without any issues, the estimate time of release will be 20.03

We apologize for any inconvenience. Sorry again.

we will test app on 06.03. If without any issues, the estimate time of release will be 20.03

We apologize for any inconvenience. Sorry again.

So it is now the 7th. Did you actually manage to test yesterday, as stated? I'd be happy to help you test if you need more testers! :-)

Edited by ibrewster

It would be good to know if the TV app will read the native eyetv files without on the fly transcoding rather than having to "prepare" the file (i.e. transcode it so you nearly double the size of the file) as you currently have to do with iPhone/iPad remote access.  There is absolutely no reason to "prepare" a file with the power of modern devices to transcode on the fly (as Infuse, VLC do as examples).  I would consider this a critical feature and without it there would be little point in buying a EyeTV TVos app.

• Like 1

@All 

About the test yesterday (06.03): there was a function bug/ UI bug which needs to be resolved. We apologize that the app is delayed. We'll solve the problem as soon as possible, sorry again.

@ibrewster, if you're interesting to help us, you could fill out the form at https://www.geniatech.eu/eyetv/beta-testing/. As soon as we have software ready for testing we will let you know.

Any more news on the progress of the TV app?

Any chance of answering my question as to whether or not the eyeTV files will require to be converted to be played by the TV app (see my earlier post) like the iOS apps require.  If it did that would be a really bad decision.