jepperi

Is an ATV4 app ever going to be released?

Answering questions lead to new questions. So the solution apparently is to not answer questions.

does that answer yorur questions?

🤡

I'm afraid the result will be like picture below instead of a simple 1:1 port of an adequate product.

tree-swing-s-hogh.jpg

Edited by Ton

Is there anybody from Geniatech who talks to his customers ?

I can´t believe that a Company in the year 2017 can behave like you do? Sorry guys...

Geniatech clearly has the same approach towards their clients as Elgato did:

"Clients are a nuisance, better get rid of them".

We are the one having a problem since they actually have an almost monopoly. DVBlink does not fully cover the options EyeTV had and for TVHeadend one needs a NAS.

Edited by Ton

I have started using Remote Buddy on ATV. This is not a replacement for an EyeTV tvOS app but offers EyeTV access. You have to have Remote Buddy running on your Mac but video playback works well and audio can come over airplay for sound. 

The best part is that zero conversion has to happen as happen as the EyeTV program is actually playing the recording. 

Think of Remote Buddy just extending your monitor of your Mac to the ATV.

I will try to post a video and uploaded a link via YouTube. 

Still hoping for EyeTV 4.0 and a tvOS app real soon. 

On 2.3.2017 at 7:24 PM, Ton said:

@admin @Abigale @David Andel @Dual_HD @Echo88 @justin @Mikyesun @N.Z @Nick @NinjaKai @thomaskud @Vanessa

Now it is March 2nd, 19:25.

This is really sad. For the Nthe time not keeping promises but most worse is no message, no notice, no whatsoever at all. Not even the faintest excuse!!!!!

:(  

This is somewhat weird or funny. I see my name appearing in the list of moderators but am not one. That would also explain some mysterious messages I received about a necessity to act but not telling me why or how O.o. So please do understand that I cannot give you any information I do not have. I’m not part of the Geniatech team and am only using (well, sometimes reviewing) their hardware/software since 2005. This misunderstanding can probably be explained with the fact that I found out about the forum very early by coincidence and registered when it had less than 10 members. So if possible please do not insult me to heavily …

Can we please get an update from Geniatech as to what is happening with their TvOS app?  Even some statements about their beta would be useful and keep your customers happy that at least something is happening!

RELEASED: tvOS App Store / Name: EyeTV Netstream TV

we need to apologise for delay and delay, but key target to get as much device and multi device support into it, anyway it is Version 1.0, be informed we will continuously will update and improve. Any feedback are highly appreciated.  

- it may take some time - thats available in all Apple tvOS APP Store, anyway we happy thats released.

Mike

IMG_1438.jpg

• Like 1

"netstream"?????

Does that mean  it will only work with a Netstream 4C and not with any tuner (like HDHR, Hybrid, a.s.o.)  working i.c.w. EyeTV running on a Mac.

It certainly looks, from the screen shot posted, like after all this time waiting the app completely fails to do the ONE THING it needed to do - play EyeTV recordings from my mac. There are any number of apps out there already to allow viewing live tv from a netstream device - channels and NetstreamTV (not to be confused with this app) come to mind. In fact, NetstreamTV even allows you to watch your EyeTV recordings, albeit EXTREMELY poorly (rewind doesn't work, non-standard controls, no way to delete recordings, recordings have to be "prepared" for iPhone/iPad, some just simply give a black screen rather than play, no developer response to Inquiries, etc). I was SO hoping that this app would actually function well. I'll try it out when I get home tonight, but at the moment it doesn't look promising :( Guess I'll just have to stick with toyotakurtis's suggestion for now, unless I'l pleasantly surprised. Oh well.

Well if it doesn't work/function (can't download, still not available in the appstore) similar tot the IOS version than EyeTV is fully lost for me. Sell my Netstream 4C and get me a regular HDHR3-4dc and use that with DVBlink.

It has crappy scheduling but fully working tvOS app and developers that are professionals.

Just checked and the app is not available in the US as of this post. 

I have tried DVBlink and found the interface failed the ease of use test with my wife. 

Please just bring the iPad app to the AppleTV.  That would at least bring a decent user interface to an EyeTV app on the AppleTV. 

If you can't or won't then please give me the app file and I will port it and side load the app on my own AppleTV. 

Thank you

Edited by toyotakurtis

Well, I managed to download the app just now. The good news is, it launches, and even looks kinda nice. The bad news is, it is completely worthless. It doesn't work with EyeTV to watch recorded shows. It doesn't even work with my HDHome Run to get live shows. I guess it might work to stream from Netstream devices (can't test that), but given that this is an EyeTV forum, I was REALLY hoping for something that would work with, oh, I dunno, maybe EYETV!!! Oh well, guess I'll just have to live with the alternatives.

App is now in the US. Of course it is worthless. Not able to connect to EyeTV to access recordings. I can understand not supporting HDHomerun tuners, Netstream is your own brand. But not even having access to EyeTV and play recordings. There are half a dozen apps on the AppleTV that can allow you to play live TV with time shift and some free guide data. 

You have the EyeTV program at your disposal, at least make an app that can serve as a front end. 

Please tell me that I am wrong! This Netstream app is really what you have been working on since summer of 2016? At this rate a real EyeTV app will never make it to AppleTV before it is out dated. 

And this worthless app has been worked on for over a year? You really must have losers as developers. Get yourself 1 (one) good programmer and he will port the IOS app within 1 (one) months to tvOS.

We need to be able to watch recorded EyeTV (on Mac) programs, set recording schedules using EyeTV (on Mac) programs. And so on. And fire all the others.

Or buy Livezapp and turn this in a fully working app.

@admin @Abigale @David Andel @Dual_HD @Echo88 @justin @Mikyesun @N.Z @Nick @NinjaKai @thomaskud @Vanessa 

6 minutes ago, Ton said:

And this worthless app has been worked on for over a year? You really must have losers as developers. Get yourself 1 (one) good programmer and he will port the IOS app within 1 (one) months to tvOS.

We need to be able to watch recorded EyeTV (on Mac) programs, set recording schedules using EyeTV (on Mac) programs. And so on. And fire all the others.

Or buy Livezapp and turn this in a fully working app.

@admin @Abigale @David Andel @Dual_HD @Echo88 @justin @Mikyesun @N.Z @Nick @NinjaKai @thomaskud @Vanessa 

thank for you personal opinion, we appreciate any feedback, we are just in the beginning, stay tuned.

33 minutes ago, toyotakurtis said:

App is now in the US. Of course it is worthless. Not able to connect to EyeTV to access recordings. I can understand not supporting HDHomerun tuners, Netstream is your own brand. But not even having access to EyeTV and play recordings. There are half a dozen apps on the AppleTV that can allow you to play live TV with time shift and some free guide data. 

You have the EyeTV program at your disposal, at least make an app that can serve as a front end. 

Please tell me that I am wrong! This Netstream app is really what you have been working on since summer of 2016? At this rate a real EyeTV app will never make it to AppleTV before it is out dated. 

thank for you personal opinion, we appreciate any feedback, we are just in the beginning, stay tuned.

2 hours ago, ibrewster said:

Well, I managed to download the app just now. The good news is, it launches, and even looks kinda nice. The bad news is, it is completely worthless. It doesn't work with EyeTV to watch recorded shows. It doesn't even work with my HDHome Run to get live shows. I guess it might work to stream from Netstream devices (can't test that), but given that this is an EyeTV forum, I was REALLY hoping for something that would work with, oh, I dunno, maybe EYETV!!! Oh well, guess I'll just have to live with the alternatives.

thank for your personal opinion, we appreciate any feedback, we are just in the beginning, stay tuned - we integrate the eyetv eco system and more, but step by step. thanks for understanding.

There have been no way to watch Netstream 4C on apple tv before this app. At least not without going through a computer. And that was unusable unstable.

Looking forward to try the app. God, I have been waiting for this.

And I'm glad you prioritize us with Netstream products before people with 3rd party hardware.

Thanks for the App, I am pleased to be able to use my Netstream 4S and pause TV for up to an hour.

Hope you can now make up some lost ground on the competition.

It is possible to play Eyetv library recordings using infuse.