jepperi

Is an ATV4 app ever going to be released?

Hi Ton,

I have been following this thread almost from the beginning and I strongly support your point of view, this is about getting an EyeTV app for the ATV4 for streaming *.eyetv recordings most preferably from any source - I use a Synology Disk - and not just from the archive location which resides on my Mac. I currently use DS Video Station or PLEX both of which provide an app for the ATV4, or Infuse from FireCore - they do the job but not as nicely as I imagine an EyeTV app would do it. aTV Flash of FireCore running on my jail-broken ATV2 was even better, handling the *.eyetv containers just like EyeTV would. I switched to ATV4 because it seemed certain that Elgato would port their app to the ATV4 and I am quite pissed that never happened.

So, I cross my fingers the call you are going to have will be good, unfortunately I can't join because of vacation, but I am looking forward to the outcome.    

On 28.4.2017 at 7:17 AM, Mikyesun said:

to all: sorry for some delay due to traveling - I would propose 3 schedules for next week "call in" conference call with the topic:

Top 1: eyetv 3 /mac and ATV 4

Option 1: monday 1th may 4pm or 7pm

Option 2: tuesday 2th may 7pm

Option 3: wednesday 3th may  7pm

Please let us know when it works for you gentlemen - we will fix the day / time by saturday night.

thanks in advanced.

Mike

to all: for this week "call in" conference call with the topic:

Top 1: eyetv 3 /mac and ATV 4

Call: Tuesday 2th may 7pm (CEST) - should be minus 6 hours ..

please your Skype ID, I will add you to the conference 1 hour before ..

thanks to all - and happy to talk to you on tuesday 2th May 7pm (CEST)

Mike

Due to family circumstances it may be possible that I will not be present. Sorry but priorities.

My view on the subject:

Either port the iPad.EyeTV app to the aaTV4. Offcourse update it so that recoding on the Mac is not necessary but do this on the aTV. It is powerfull enough and many videoplayers on aTV do same. This will suffice 90 ~ 99% of all users. 

Or develop a brandnew app and look at competing apps (DVBlink, TVHeadend, Channels and many more) and pick the best of each. Appoint a number of users here as Beta-testers.

But I to be able to attend.

When I started following this discussion, my expectation (like many others here) was the EyeTV iOS app would be ported to tvOS. It's good to see you are still discussing this as an option.

If possible, the ATV4 app should have the same features as the EyeTV app with the following additions:

Must have:
The tvOS app would need to play EyeTV recordings without preparing/converting to H.264, as is required with the iOS app.

Nice to have:
Adjustable playback speed (.5x,1x,1.5x, etc)
FastForward/Rewind setting (10sec,30sec,60sec, etc)

There are several apps already available with these capabilities (Elmedia Player, Infuse, VLC, etc). However, none of them handle EyeTV recordings very well. I think a port of the existing EyeTV app would be a great solution.

thanks - sorry - I`ve stuck in a conference call -  apologize for. 

I have add: toyotakurtis / TonVanHest - will contact during the day - to find a time spot to open to talk.

LG Mike

I would like to register my support for the ATV4 and live TV. This could be a really strong market if Geniatech can break into it. Especially if they could do it so that you had a WiFi antenna/tuner-ATV4 combo. The tuner would also be an antenna and connect to your network. The ATV4 would stream from it, and presumably recordings would go either on the ATV4 or the tuner. I can see lots of people loving a simple solution that they could simply bring home, set up and begin using. I know many of you have more complex setups, but this is the future I'm telling you!

noah

I've lost all confidence that an aTV4 app (similar to the one for IOS) will ever see the day of light. Even the conference call did never happen.

I like the discussion, no need to be so negative, it is pretty clear what you need, after Ton - has clearly stated this out and we listen to you, it is setup for IFA 2017 timeframe release, as a separate development task + tree and separate APP. Please nobody should tell now again, that this only takes four weeks, it is not that easy sorry, please 

stay tuned, I will inform once we come to a release status

M.

btw - the actual ATV APP making good progress / deployment ..., it may not that what some of you want - but most of the customers are pretty supportive and happy.

I'm now using the Geniatech Apple TV4 app connected to my Netstream 4s device on Freesat (UK). Works well, but it would be nice if it could handle the 7 day EPG that is broadcast. I know it can be done as I also have an EyeTV Sat (USB connection) that provide a 7 day EPG.

14 minutes ago, zanc said:

I'm now using the Geniatech Apple TV4 app connected to my Netstream 4s device on Freesat (UK). Works well, but it would be nice if it could handle the 7 day EPG that is broadcast. I know it can be done as I also have an EyeTV Sat (USB connection) that provide a 7 day EPG.

netsream 4Sat not 4s

@Mikyesun @thomaskud

I hear the bookmakers are taking 1:1.000 that in 2025 you guys have been able to produce a real working aTV4 app. Helas, small problem: the aTV4 has been replaced for many years by the aTV6.

May I take your bets?

I've been trying to use this app on and off over the last few weeks and find that some channels have some pixelation,even though the same 4sat on a mac shows no such pixelation.

On 7.6.2017 at 6:04 PM, Mikyesun said:

I like the discussion, no need to be so negative, it is pretty clear what you need, after Ton - has clearly stated this out and we listen to you, it is setup for IFA 2017 timeframe release, as a separate development task + tree and separate APP. Please nobody should tell now again, that this only takes four weeks, it is not that easy sorry, please 

stay tuned, I will inform once we come to a release status

M.

btw - the actual ATV APP making good progress / deployment ..., it may not that what some of you want - but most of the customers are pretty supportive and happy.

IFA 2017 has come and gone - but I haven't seen any information that you guys have made any progress with the app you have announced for the IFA 2017 timeframe - should we instead look forward to IFA 2018?

@asander:

I bet there never will be a app for the aTV, just like there never will be a really updated EyeTV. Just too complicated for Geniatech.

If you want aTV usage then switch over to DVBlink. It has a good working aTV app foor a long time now. Only their scheduling sucks.

On 9/20/2017 at 4:52 PM, Ton said:

@asander:

I bet there never will be a app for the aTV, just like there never will be a really updated EyeTV. Just too complicated for Geniatech.

If you want aTV usage then switch over to DVBlink. It has a good working aTV app foor a long time now. Only their scheduling sucks.

Will DVBlink work with an (old) EyeTV USB tuner? They are not listed on the DVBlink server web page

( https://dvblogic.com/en/dvblink/macos/dvblink-tvsource/ )

On 9/23/2017 at 4:28 AM, Ton said:

Just give it a try. There is a 30-day trial period. 

"There was no compatible tuner detected on your system.."  Grrr

Edited by Mpainesyd

On 10/5/2017 at 4:57 PM, Mpainesyd said:

"There was no compatible tuner detected on your system.."  Grrr

I now have an HDHomeRun tuner installed on my network and DVBServer installed on a Mac (still in trial period). It seems to work well with the ATV DVBLink app although the user-interface is very clunky.

Bye-bye EyeTV, after many years!