cgaddict

MacOS Sierra DP1 and EyeTV with EyeTV Hybrid

First test seems EyeTV 3.6.9 is working with the first Developer Beta of MacOS Sierra

The Program found all DVB-T channels, but none of the 8 available DVB-T2 in Cologne Germany

Even if there is no h265 (HEVC) implementation yet to present any streams,

the search mechanism does not show any DVB-T2 channels. 

The same with El Captain, Yosemite and Snow Leopard.

Please Geniatech release first a Beta Software-Codec for EyeTV OS X before announcing DVB-T2 support

If You have Genius programmers, Apple Metal API would be fantastic to be supported with EyeTV 4

Thank You...

Mathew.

PS: Channel Preview with 4,9,16 and even more Thumbnails would be amazing too.

cap.png

Thank you very much for the test and respond :)

Actually EyeTV 3.6.9 does support DVB-T2 (H.264), which build do you use? Is it 7416 or a previous build?

Thank you again

Same here in Hamburg, none of the 6 available DVB-T2 channels found.

I'm using Version 3.6.9 (7416).

Anyways, when do you plan to release the support for DVB-T2 HEVC?

build No 7511 has no licenced HEVC codec inside I searched, AVC maybe, but no copyright hint in info box from MainConcept about h265

I spent about 400€ for three EyeTV Sticks two of them Hybrid one DVB-T only one from 2014 other before with Analog-In ...

Well, the Tuner I read can recive DVB-T2 HD signals not all of the bandwith of DVB-T2 but it can, second It just needs H265 for recieving HD.

Well, now the question: will we ever be able to recieve anythink of DVB-T2 or it is just a new sticker on old package ....without any function....

My resume : build 7511 has no h265 Encoder or Decoder yet.

there is no menu entry in the EyeTV assistent for Anntena DVB-T2 signals

thery is not any  hint of supported new hardware product in this release (searched for pic or firmware in dmg) called eyeTV-T2

and I fear my hardware will be useless for DVB-2  but more fear I cannot trust Geniatech for future products

(this time eyeTV Hybrid @Yosemite)

badEYETV.png

Edited by cgaddict

In the UK at least DVB-T2 uses just H.264, at this point there are no test 4K channels on DVB-T2 in the UK which is when I would expect HEVC to be used. So for the UK and DVB-T2 HEVC is not yet needed.

For what its also worth I already am able to receive and view DVB-T2 channels here in the UK using a SiliconDust HDHR4-2DT network tuner and EyeTV software. There are however three bugs using EyeTV and SiliconDust tuners. See 

Note: While there are no DVB-T2 4K test broadcasts in the UK that I am aware of I believe there are some live HEVC broadcasts over DVB-S2 on Sky UK. Sky is encrypted so adding support for HEVC for those would be hard to justify. The un-encrypteed FreeSAT service in the UK is as far as I am aware not doing any 4K broadcasts yet and hence again not needing or using HEVC.

Still saying all the above, it would be nice if EyeTV was ahead of the curve for a change and did implement HEVC before it was needed rather than as an example taking years and years to add DVB-T2 support. (Nine years after widespread use of DVB-T2 started.)

Greetings-I have the EyeTV HD hardware and EyeTV3 (version 7416) and just downloaded Mac Sierra. Now it shows no signal with Direct TV, Brighthouse or Amazon TV Firestick (in the US)....Am using the component cable and am going to try the composite (when I get the Elgato analog connector I ordered)....Don't want to undo my Mac Sierra install but certainly didn't know I'd be disabling my EyeTV....Hoping there's a patch or a new version (7417?) coming along that will fix the issue...If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know...

Which are the hardware and firmware versions of the EyeTV receiver?

On my Mac mini, my EyeTV DTT receiver doesn't work, with no picture and no sound. 

Signal strength is good (70%) but signal quality is nil (0%).

Hardware version is 1 and firmware 102.17 for my EyeTV DTT.

The same EyeTV DTT works fine on a MacBook with Mac OS X 10.11.2.

Capture  2016-09-09 à 18.21.15.png

Edited by ReiVilo

Greetings,

It´s the same OLD Problem. EyeTV DTT is not working properly under macOS Sierra. According to the attached Pic Signal Strength and Quality are OK, but there is no Picture on Screen. Only if the Mac is rebooted with the Stick plugged in, then it works after redo the Search. Disconnecting and Connecting the Stick will bring up the Prob again.

Bildschirmfoto 2016-10-16 um 16.24.41.png

On 2016/7/1 at 4:36 PM, cgaddict said:

build No 7511 has no licenced HEVC codec inside I searched, AVC maybe, but no copyright hint in info box from MainConcept about h265

I spent about 400€ for three EyeTV Sticks two of them Hybrid one DVB-T only one from 2014 other before with Analog-In ...

Well, the Tuner I read can recive DVB-T2 HD signals not all of the bandwith of DVB-T2 but it can, second It just needs H265 for recieving HD.

Well, now the question: will we ever be able to recieve anythink of DVB-T2 or it is just a new sticker on old package ....without any function....

My resume : build 7511 has no h265 Encoder or Decoder yet.

there is no menu entry in the EyeTV assistent for Anntena DVB-T2 signals

thery is not any  hint of supported new hardware product in this release (searched for pic or firmware in dmg) called eyeTV-T2

and I fear my hardware will be useless for DVB-2  but more fear I cannot trust Geniatech for future products

(this time eyeTV Hybrid @Yosemite)

badEYETV.png

Now, EyeTV 3.6.9(7514) supports HEVC codec (h.265), to download: https://www.geniatech.eu/eyetv/software/

Did this moderator's reply tell us that Sierra does not support eye TV any longer?  I am having the same problem, good signal but no picture.

On 2018/2/3 at 6:13 PM, srw said:

Did this moderator's reply tell us that Sierra does not support eye TV any longer?  I am having the same problem, good signal but no picture.

Hi srw,

EyeTV 3 works fine with macOS Sierra, who told that Sierra does not support EyeTV anymore?

For the new codec H.265, we need to upgrade/update our software and hardware. You can receive DVB-T2 HEVC (H.265) with EyeTV 3.6.9(7514) or above (software) and EyeTV T2 Lite/T2 Hybrid (hardware).

Best regards

Sorry, couldnt resist...

its a year later ! Eye TV 3.6.9 (7524) wasnt updated all the time.

Even, if all those problems may be solved, there is one additional spec.. for users of DVB-T2-HD in germany since first days of purchasing Eyetv-DVB-T2-device and its EyeTV Software. recording seems to work well BUT(!) when starting the edit-function, no indexpictures are seen. This problem was told geniatechs support since months, no years. But nothing happens.

May be, am member of G´s developmentcrew is reading this.

greetings

a.g.

Edited by Arnd_Gehrmann