javajolt

Recording DVB-T2 in the UK

I just purchased an EyeTV Hybrid last week with the understanding that the new software EyeTV 3 now supported HD signals from the Hybrid.  However, when I do an exhaustive scan I only find SD DVB-T channels.  Is there some special setting required to get the HD channels?

Hi,

EyeTV Hybrid works with Freeview HD (DVB-T2) in the UK... but it doesn't appear to work very well with Freeview SD in the UK!  I can watch and record Freeview HD but the SD channels give jerky sound and no picture.  Is there a firmware or software update on the way that might fix this, does anybody know?

Questions for Geniatech tech support:

I already have the excellent EyeTV Diversity plugged into my i7 iMac and am thinking about buying the EyeTV T2 Lite to capture the HD Freeview channels. Can I have both plugged in at the same time? and thus be able to record say three channels at the same time - two in SD and one in HD? or can you only have one EyeTV plugged in at a time? Presumably the EPG will recognise that HD channels can now also be recorded?

If you can't, how about a software update so that you can! - you would sell more units!

Please advise

Edited by IJS

On 2017/11/24 at 12:06 PM, IJS said:

Questions for Geniatech tech support:

I already have the excellent EyeTV Diversity plugged into my i7 iMac and am thinking about buying the EyeTV T2 Lite to capture the HD Freeview channels. Can I have both plugged in at the same time? and thus be able to record say three channels at the same time - two in SD and one in HD? or can you only have one EyeTV plugged in at a time? Presumably the EPG will recognise that HD channels can now also be recorded?

If you can't, how about a software update so that you can! - you would sell more units!

Please advise

Hi IJS,

Of course its possible! We also used more than 4 devices (2x Netstream 4Sat, T2 Hybrid, T2 Lite) at the same time in our office. It depends on your CPU load and bandwidth of WLAN (Wifi).

Hope this helps ;) 

ps. for recording of 3 or more channels, i need test again to confirm.

Edited by thomaskud

Please advise soonest if three (or more) ch’s can be recorded at the same time. Also what happens with the EPG - do the Freeview HD ch’s get automatically added to the main (existing) EPG list?

Many thanks

Hi Geniatech Support - Any chance of a reply to my previous question?

Just need to know if two eyeTV's plugged in works to record 1 x HD and 2 x SD channels at the same time? and are the Freeview HD channels added to the EPG?

Many Thanks

Hi Geniatech Support - Any chance of a reply to my previous question?

Just need to know if two eyeTV's plugged in works to record 1 x HD and 2 x SD channels at the same time? and are the Freeview HD channels added to the EPG?

Also what is the difference in the hardware between the Geniatech MyGica® DVB-T2/T USB Stick and the EyeTVDVB-T2/T Lite?

Many Thanks

Привет всем у меня есть вопрос о телевизионной приставке. Вчера мой коллега купил приставку на этом сайте Switch on shop. Я девушка и не разбираюсь в подборе оборудования, да и не хотела бы покупать новый Smart tv. Он говорит о сопряжении телефона через приставку, позволяет играть в игры на телевизоре и воспроизводить файлы с телефона на телевизор. Коллега сказал, что консоль того стоит. Но я хочу знать мнение более опытных людей. - А ты что скажешь?