Stoker

EyeTV series recording

Recently when I select a programme which is a series from the programme guide and click on record all a Smart Guide is created. However only one entry is created in the Schedules. When I look at the Smart guide all the known occurrences for the programme are listed but only the first entry has the red dot(s) showing. When I look through the Programmes Guide only the first entry has a red dot showing. Is this normal? If not how do I correct it?

I have updated to Version 3.6.9 (7416)

P.S. I have tried to include images of screen shots but they do not display correctly.

I've just discovered that when I open the second entry in the Smart Guide it says that it is "scheduled by Smart Series Guide "Coronation Street"for recording at another time."

I believe this is normal behavior; the "Series" feature only records episodes marked as "New", and it only records one copy of any given episode.  If you want to automate recording of every episode of a given show, you need to setup your Smart Guide options manually.  (I've always tended to ignore the series feature, myself, for reasons somewhat related to this issue.)

On 6/29/2016 at 7:15 PM, Stoker said:

I've just discovered that when I open the second entry in the Smart Guide it says that it is "scheduled by Smart Series Guide "Coronation Street"for recording at another time."

For what its worth a lot of EPG providers incorrectly label episodes as repeats even when this is not correct. Sometimes this is because the episode was previously shown on a different channel by a different broadcaster however this may be referring to a broadcaster/channel which you cannot receive e.g. over-the-air vs satellite/cable. Sometimes I suspect it is crass stupidity where the EPG provider looks at the 'original broadcast date' they have been given/found and that might be for a completely different country. Sometimes they are simply wrong.

As far as I am concerned and I suspect most people are concerned it should be from the perspective of the specific broadcaster/region you are receiving it in.

On 4/21/2017 at 3:58 PM, jelockwood said:

For what its worth a lot of EPG providers incorrectly label episodes as repeats even when this is not correct. Sometimes this is because the episode was previously shown on a different channel by a different broadcaster however this may be referring to a broadcaster/channel which you cannot receive e.g. over-the-air vs satellite/cable. Sometimes I suspect it is crass stupidity where the EPG provider looks at the 'original broadcast date' they have been given/found and that might be for a completely different country. Sometimes they are simply wrong.

As far as I am concerned and I suspect most people are concerned it should be from the perspective of the specific broadcaster/region you are receiving it in.

I'm not sure that what you are saying has something to do with the problem, it's strange that it can populate the smart guide just not set the programs to record at that time.

The EPG information is seldom accurate on the point 'repeating series'. That's why I seldom use the option to record all of a serie but prefer setting my own criteria and using time & channel selection to minimize recording double.