kezza

EyeTV Diversity availability in Australia

I Have an EyeTV 250 that is about 8 years old. It is starting to stop working, so have been looking at the Diversity as a replacement. Unfortunately I can't find any stockist in Australia and I'm not sure if I buy it from overseas whether it will work in Australia.

Any information would be much appreciated. The EyeTV is a brilliant product.

Cheers, Kezza 

Hi,

I too am in Australia (Melbourne) and I originally purchased an EyeTV C410.

I've since purchased the Diversity and also 2 x FireDTV T/CI boxes by Digital Everywhere.

I did have to update their firmware on a PC first before they would work/be recognised by EyeTV.app but they work just the same (aka are the same) as the Elgato branded C410 back in the day. Here's what System Information.app says about them:

FireDTV T/CI:

Manufacturer:    Digital Everywhere
  Model:    0x35
  GUID:    0x12870035000D36
  Maximum Speed:    Up to 400 Mb/sec
  Connection Speed:    Up to 400 Mb/sec
  Sub-units:
FireDTV T/CI Unit:
  Unit Software Version:    0x10001
  Unit Spec ID:    0xA02D

Hardware Version: 013501

Firmware Version: 1.4.1

The only issue I have is that when my tuners read my recording schedule, they all stupidly record the same bloody channel/show…. Surely this would be the easiest bug to remedy and actually market it as a feature! (hint hint Geniatech!)

PITA when another show I want to record is scheduled soon after and no tuner is free to record it… (even the Diversity will wrongfully dual-record the same channel and neglect the next scheduled show) I logged this back in the day with Elgato and their response was that my setup was out-of-scope and EyeTV does not support multiple tuners… that's fairly lame when they actually sold a "dual" tuner and permitted it to operate as independent tuners… 

This issue has lead me to use my tuners less and less and so I just rely on network's IPTV services here in Australia such as iView now.

Shame, because EyeTV is the finest FTA software I've ever found on any platform. my PC HTPC buddies are so envious of EyeTV's Progressive Scan feature. It's the only reason why I keep using EyeTV still to be honest. You can't beat it when watching live sports.

Cheers,

I use 2 diversities on one Mac and 4 Terratec USB on another. Both Mac record 4 channels at once while showing them playing in windows plus showing 2 recording at the same time. What an amazing piece of software eyeTV v3 is! Just bought v4 and will test soon.

On 1/3/2020 at 7:15 AM, jimmo said:

I use 2 diversities on one Mac and 4 Terratec USB on another. Both Mac record 4 channels at once while showing them playing in windows plus showing 2 recording at the same time. What an amazing piece of software eyeTV v3 is! Just bought v4 and will test soon.

Do your Diversity work as a dual tuner with EyeTV 4? Mine won't.