BillOz

Play unconverted files

I record Australian Rules Football games using EyeTV 3. The mid-season switch to HD broadcasts means that any conversion to make the files smaller makes them unwatchable. There are too many artifacts, and lack of smooth motion. If I edit the file and export the entire (edited) file as a clip this plays back fine- indistinguishable from the original recording. But it seems like the original time signature is still in the file. Instead of being 1 hour 50 minutes, it plays as a 2 hour 50 minutes file. Each edit causes the playback to pause, resuming only when the time matches up again. For those unfamiliar with the game, there are 45 second breaks when a goal is scored (about 20 -30 per game) and two 10 minute breaks (quarter and three quarter time) and a 20 minutes break at half time.

I'm happy to live with the lack of compression, a 5gb file is OK by me, as it gives perfect playback, I just want the edits that I have made to skip straight on, as would happen with a normal export. Any assistance you can provide would be appreciated.