BertC

TVGuide won't automatically update schedule

I have the program guide to update TVGuide daily.  It used to do this.  Now EyeTV Preferences says it will update in a few minutes, but the time passes and update is changed to a new future time. The only way I get updates to the guide is manually.
How do I fix this?

I'm having a similar issue. My TV Guide won't update and its saying that the "Program Guide has no data to display". I also tried clearing the Database but then it never updates so I have to wind up canceling. I sent the company a message and they gave me a ticket number but it's been days with no help yet. Looks like this company won't be around long. How do you manually get your guide updates?

Go to the program guide, then open the tool pull down menu (the gear at the upper left), and select "Update TV Guide Program Guide".  Some days nothing appears to happen, other days a progress bar is shown in the lower right.

I did get a response from the new company.  They suggested I check this forum and that I might uninstall and reinstall to see if that helps.  I have not yet done the install, not wanting to break anything that is working.  I did receive a new update, Version 3.6.9 (7513).  Did not seem to fix this particular issue.

Screen Shot 2016-08-17 at 10.28.27 PMx.png

Hi Bert,

My main issue is that I don't have a guide to get to. I clicked on the drop down tool menu and tried to update the guide but it keeps telling me that there is no internet access and then it says that no channels are using the TV Guide. I definitely have internet access because I am able to manually record shows and watch them. I just have no guide to go by. And my TV isn't up for renewal until December. Really makes no sense to me. Needless to say, I still haven't heard from anyone in tech support. I did try the unistall / install thing but that didn't work either. Certainly not very happy right now.

Eye TV Error 2.jpg

Eye TV Error .jpg

Hi Stuff, All of the channels are set to TV Guide. I never changed them. Nothing happens as far as updating the guide. And when I click on the guide, I get the "Downloading Program Information" and after about 20 minutes I get the infamous "Program Guide has no data to display". On the botton right hand corner, it keeps saying updating but it never updates. What's crazy is, I am watching TV through Eye TV on my computer. I get all of my channels. The guide just doesn't work.

Eye TV Error 5.jpg

Subsequent to posting what was working for me on this link, my TV Guide download also stopped working.  Yikes!  Tried multiple times on multiple days, same result.  The version I was running was 3.6.9 (7513)

As an experiment, I went into my Time Machine, recovered the oldest version of eyetv I had (ver. 3.6.5), launched it, and asked for tv guide to update.  It worked!!!  Now to see if the working continues.

Thank you so much Bert. I took your advice and did the same thing. I was also running 3.6.9. Went back to version 3.6.8 and the TV Guide works again. I guess we won't be updating anymore. If we do, make sure you save the older version. I appreciate you. Thanks once again.