Maagicman

TV Guide Internet Error

I'm in the US and having a horrible issue with TV Guide. It Keeps saying that there is a problem with the internet server but then says that my internet connection is okay. I'm very aggravated with this company. Got a ticket number  days ago and nothing has happened since. I tried to clear the EPG database but then it send me into a never ending cycle of "Requesting Channel Lineups." I've used Eye TV for years with no problems and now this... And no it's not time for my TV Guide subscription to be renewed. My ticket number is 2016081616000049. Please help with this...

Eye TV Problem.jpg

A few days after applying the latest update to EyeTV I noticed my TV Guide had stopped updating.  Apparently the update changed the login server from elgato to geniatech, however the accounts from elgato don't exist on the new sever.  I created a new account and it automatically found my registraton and subscription info.  My TV Guide is now updating again.

• Like 1

Today is 06 September 2016. My TV Guide was not showing any programming information. Went to the Elgato site, and there was directed to the new Geniatech site. Wasn't easy to locate anything that looked at all familiar - my hardware isn't listed or shown anywhere. Found a press release dated tomorrow, 07SEP16, announcing the transition. This is a pretty sloppy way to handle a big change.

Anyway, I finally found this forum discussion and recognized the screen shot above.

Went to EyeTV Preferences, then the Guide button, hit the Change... radio button, then create a new account, entered the same email address I'd been using for Elgato EyeTV and created a new password, and the programming updated immediately.

Recommend that Geniatech make it easier for others to find this simple solution on the current website - like a more complete listing of legacy products (both hardware and software) linked to instructions.

Today is 7 September 2016

I was having this same problem with my Gracenote TV Guide information here in the UK. The Preference Pane for Guide Services was saying my login and password were wrong.

I followed SpiceWare's advice and created a new account. It recognised me and had my original Key already there in my new account.

Adding to SpiceWare's advice (and reiterating ChrisMc's advice) :

Once you have created a new account on Geniatech's website - then go to EyeTV>Preferences>Guide and re-enter your new username/email and password. EyeTV then will show your accurate Gracenote/TV Guide subscription and expiration date.

Thanks everyone :)

Edited by brianjones

Thank you!!!  After a week, five emails to "Geniatech support", two tweets and then a sudden flash of genius (consulting Facebook where I found this link) I have my Gracenote program back.

Geniatech take the prize for the most rubbish "technical support" I've ever encountered though.  And that's saying something.  

well, you are all fortunate.  I  had previously gone through the whole process of creating a new account a few months ago when my TVguide subscription from Elgato expired.  I had the same issue, bought my new subscription and geniatech really gave no clear direction on what needed to be done and didn't respond to support requests.  After playing around with it for a few days, I finally saw some small print about creating a new account and things started working again.

Of course, now I applied the new update and I'm back at the exact same problem but with no option to create a new account so no idea how to fix it now.  I tried creating an account again and got an internal server error.  I tried password assistance and was sent to an error page.  I'm thinking we are probably all screwed at this point, really wish legato had just open sourced the software instead of handing it over to geniatech.  Thinking maybe a class action suit might get their attention, breach of basic fitness of purpose.  Since I paid geniatech for the subscription, I know I would be able to qualify for damages, while probably the most I could get is my money back for the annual subscription.  Anyone know of any other software options on the Mac to provide something equivalent?

Hi Goodwin,

I had to use my time machine to revert back to 3.6.8. The problems started with me on the 3.6.9 update. Once I did that then my Eye TV started working fine again. It keeps telling me that there is a new update but I am refusing to do it for now until I get a better option. I did create a new account and all of that but still, I don't want to go back to the issues I was having. Another issue I had was when I created the new account, my hardware isn't listed on their hardware options. I use the EyeTV HD and it's not listed there. That's an entirely different issue that I will deal with at a later time. Hopefully you can revert back to 3.6.8

I had the same problem with the TV Guide program not updating at the end of August, so something must have happened to screw up TV Guide access. The problem seems to be with user account records. Thus clearing the EPG data base won't help.

I followed instructions here in step 2 (ignore Step 1) and it did solve the problem, but it is a bit of effort. I deleted and re-downloaded/installed EyeTV3 software and also deleted the preferences files named in this web page; TV Guide schedules resumed updating immediately and I haven't had any trouble since:

https://www.geniatech.eu/eyetv/faq/eyetv-3-fix-problems-with-program-guide-scheduling-errors-missing-guide/