Arnd_Gehrmann

EyeTV 3.6.9 (7513) gracenote epg dont work anymore

Hello to all,

just have updated from EyeTV 3.6.9 (7416) to the new 3.6.9 (7513). After succ. update, connection to gracenote(europe) epg-service will be rejected with "wrong login-name or password". But both are the same, like before. What to do?

Greetings

A.G.

I found this with 7512 as well.    Rolled back to 7614 and subscription works fine again.

I tried logging with Geniatech however all they did was send me a link for where could reset my password which isn't the issue.

Was hoping with the takeover of the media that would get a bit more focus but isn't looking promising so far.

13 hours ago, Arnd_Gehrmann said:

Hello to all,

just have updated from EyeTV 3.6.9 (7416) to the new 3.6.9 (7513). After succ. update, connection to gracenote(europe) epg-service will be rejected with "wrong login-name or password". But both are the same, like before. What to do?

Greetings

A.G.

Roll back to Eye TV 3.6.9 (7413) works without problems from timemachine-backup!!!

A.G.

Edited by Arnd_Gehrmann

Ticket open but I have not gotten any response other than confirming a ticket was opened.

On one machine I still had the old EyeTV (7416) in the trash so just drug it back to the Applications folder.  US TV Guide working again.

Edited by Stuff

With 7416, my TV Guide subscription works fine. I was prompted to install the new update (7513 or so); once installed, in the Prefereces, the TV Guide subscription was consistently reporting account login errors (invalid email or password). Reverted to 7416 without changing the preferences, and everything is fine again.

There is definitely something wrong with the EPG login process with the latest build.

Just this morning i got an answer of Geniatechs european/german service. They told me to create an new login at genaitechs webpage https://services.geniatech.eu/login

It seems, geniatech dont port elgatos logins, so it seesm to be neccecary, to re-new an personal login. I do so a few minutes ago and now (!) the epg-account seems to work even if used with the new version EyeTV 3.6.9 (7513) !!! see below!

A.

Schnappschuss (2016-08-22 13.07.10).jpg

• Like 2

Thank you for posting this information!

I have followed the link to create a new account using the same email address as my previous El Gato My EyeTV account. Once the whole procedure was completed,  I installed 7513 again, and now my TV Guide subscription is shown as valid again. Problem solved.

If re-creating the Elgato login at Geniatech (same e-mail address) is necessary for continued guide operation when upgrading from earlier versions, then they really should put a very prominent note about this in the  3.6.9 (7513) Release Notes and those of all following releases.  9_9  This probably justified a version bump to 3.6.10.   Glad to know this before upgrading.