thomaskud

EyeTV 3 compatibility

Recently, some users reported crash issue on Mac OS 10.6.8 when they use 7513. 

EyeTV 3.6.9(7513) is not compatible with macOS 10.6.8, because HEVC decoder is compiled with libc++, but 10.6.8 does not support libc++.

So you can install 7513 application for Mac OS 10.7 or above, otherwise it must be 7416.

Link to download EyeTV 3:

EyeTV 3.6.9(7416): https://www.geniatech.eu/eyetv/download/eyetv-3-6-9-7416/

Sorry for all inconvenience

Not realizing my OX10.6.8 would not support eyetv 7513 I downloaded it.  When I try to downlo  redownload 7416 as you suggest it won't let me.  When I try to drag 7416 to Applications I get "The alias "Applications" can't be opened because original ie can't be found."  When I try "fix alias," can't open the eyetv file.  When I try "delete alias" I get message "ite "applications" can't be moved to Trash because it can't be deleted.

Do you have a suggestion for me?  I have emailed Genitech twice but no answer.

If the "Applications" alias in the installer archive is broken for some reason, you should still be able to drag it to the actual Applications folder.  Simply open a second Finder window to the Applications folder, and drag the EyeTV app from one window to the other.

As Genitech seems to have no interest in posting to this forum I logged an issue with them.  This is there reply:

Hallo Dr Roger Traill,
Thank you for contacting us.

We now have the version 7514. you can download from here:
https://www.geniatech.eu/eyetv/de/software/

The problem with Sierra, our debugging team are working on it. sorry to trouble you. We definitely want to fix this. But not all customers are having problem with Sierra, some does gets a fix after reinstall EyeTV with deinstallation with EyeTV Reporter or reinstallation of Sierra system.
BR
Ningfeng 
Geniatech EyeTV Support Team

Firstly could those who are having problems with EyeTV and Sierra please try this latest version and report back.  Secondly if this doesn't correct the issue please download EyeTV Reporter and send the file with an issue email to Genitech support so as to help sort this problem out.

I haven't updated to Sierra because I need to be sure EyeTV works (7514 seems to run fine on El Capitan but then so did 7513).

Glad I found this forum. Thanks to you all for solving the issue for me!

I had an old 2009 Macbook which ran Eye TV Lite just fine. The old Mac finally died. When I installed it on my new MacBook Air there was no audio. You pointed me to the fix and voila! Sound!

My fix was here:  https://www.geniatech.eu/support/eyetv-lite-en/

Now I can hear the the "Catheter Cowboy" commercial perfectly during episodes of Newhart on Antenna TV again! Hallelujah!

Thanks again. I wish every coding error issue (no to mention life issues) were this easy to solve.

Marc