Dripps

Mac OS Sierra 10.12 Gold Master

EyeTV has been working fine with my beta versions of Sierra but since I have installed the Gold Master it crashes every time I try to load it.  Anyone else have success or suggestions?

it crashes. I would delete the eyeTV app and then restart your mac and then reinstall the eyeTV app and test. If it still crashes then I would launch the feedback app and report it to Apple. 

Apple are pretty quick in sending app crashes to their app developers. 

I have 2 eyeTV stick - a DTT and a deluxe. 

Since the install of Sierra, both aren't working. 

First, I had a 100% source signal but nothing to display ! 

I choose Chama98 option. Uninstall the app, restart and reinstall. Thanks that, now my device is not even recognize when I plug it !!!!!!

Where is the staff of Elgato - or whatever the new name ! ????? For a 80€ product, I really want it works, and RESPONSE.  

My EyeTv3  picture and sound keeps freezing since I upgraded to OS Sierra. 

Have tried all the suggestions including trying to contact the new owners to no avail.

hughes2

Guys, I too had a problem displaying the Live Window after upgrading. Merely, re-running the EyeTV 3's Setup Assistant solved the problem. The software forgot, somehow, what hardware I was using to capture the "signal"

Edited by RogerO
Typo

Maybe we have different problems.  I have uninstalled EyeTV 3, unplugged the hardware, redownloaded the software.  When I try to install I get to the part when I copy to Applications, then when EyeTV 3 tries to start, it crashes.  I never get to the setup assistant.  

In case anyone is worrying (as I was) as a result of this thread, I installed Sierra 10,12 official release on three Macs running EyeTV and everything has been running perfectly for a week or so - no need to reinstall, and all EyeTV devices recognised fine.

Edited by Chris M

Hello, I have the same issue as some of you: after installing Sierra, eye.tv's sound is not working anymore and images freeze. I run a 2.5.3 version with Miglia TVMAX (I know, very old but - until installing Sierra- working perfectly. Any suggestions? And who has to solve the issue: Apple or Eyetv?

Hi I have the same problem. I was running 2.5.3 version with Miglia TVMini. It is old I Know but worked well until Sierra was installed. I tried uninstalling EyeTV and reinstalling but things are even worse now, went back to version 2.3.1 and I can't find where to update the software to 2.5.3.

Same problem of no sound and video freezes with eyeTV 2.5.3 and an Elgato Hybrid tuner.  The good thing is that it still records under macOS Sierra 10.12, and if I open the recording package I can play the .mpg file with VLC and the sound and video are fine, so I at least can still use it as a PVR under Sierra, but I can't view live TV or recordings from the eyeTV 2.5.3 app.

Hi, I am using a SiliconDust HDHomeRun with firmware Release 20140604 with my EyeTv 3.6.9 (7513) software and Mac OX Sierra, 10.12.1  on a Mac Mini late 2012. So far I haven't been experiencing any problems. At least nothing I haven't solved in the past by re-installing the EyeTV software or using the EyeTV reporter application. 

If you need to update the EyeTV  3.6.9 (7513), it is available at <www.geniatech.eu/> in the support area. Also there are other EyeTV software versions:

EyeTV 3.6.9 (7416)

EyeTV 3.6.9 (7415)

EyeTV 3.6.9 (7413) for OSX El Captain Version 10.11.3

EyeTV 3.6.8 (7410) for OSX El Captain Version 10.11.3

Would you all mind stating what build versions of software you are using. Also what hardware it is running on and the firmware versions your hardware has installed. All of this would help understand what you are talking about.

Thank You

JB

Have you figured this out? I have the same(?) issue after updating to Mojave. The image and sound frequently freeze for brief periods of time (1-30 seconds) and the cursor becomes a beach ball. No other apps are misbehaving when this happens and my processor load is not at capacity.

late 2014 Mac mini, Mojave

eyetv3, 3.6.8

eyetv hybrid

The freezes are different from when there’s poor signal. I’m watching the strongest signal channel I have and I never experienced freezes like this. Both audio and video stop simultaneously and as I said, I get the beach all if I move the cursor. If I click on the desktop, I also get the Beach ball when I hover over the spotlight menu icon although I do have the recommended eyetv folder excluded from spotlight indexing.

Also, I had some difficulty running Eyetv initially after the update. It kept crashing and numerous times I had to disconnect and reconnect the Eyetv hybrid usb dongle.

Also possibly related, my *entire* system audio will stop occasionally and the only thing that restores it is unplugging and replugging the the mini headphone jack on the back of the computer.