cheezegrater

Program Guide not updating - 'Update failed due to a server error'

So I realized that my program guide wasn't updating.  Did some searching and found I need to create a new account with Geniantech (nice of them to proactively tell us about this...) and did so. Now, when I try to update the TV Guide program guide, it appears to make the connection properly, but I get an error saying 'Update failed due to a server error.'  Any ideas on how to fix this?  Thanks!

I'm having a similar problem.  After the last update a few weeks  back it  looked like my tvguide login was cleared out as were all of my  other preferences.  I did see that there have been several new releases over the last week that need to be manually installed, the  most recent download appears to be targeted at the program guide issue but for  older version of mac os.  I tried the most recent install and it did not correct the program guide problem.  I'm starting to think geniatech just isn't focused on the US market so they don't really care if they break the product for users in the US with their updates.

I am in the UK and experiencing similar problems.  Program guide not updating.  A week or so ago I had to re-set my account, which involved a password reset.  Now it is telling me my password is not recognised.  So I tried to access the support web page, but it is busy!  I'm seriously irritated now.

Just started working again for me too.  Hopefully, the service will be more reliable from here on out.  Anyone know any alternatives, just in case though?  I really like being able to record OTA TV and then have it automatically export to my iTunes library so I can watch on my iPad and AppleTV.

I am having a problem with downloading program information.  Under preferences, when TV Guide is chosen it says invalid login or name.  I have double checked and logged on at TV Guide and do not know what to do.  Is there a secret trick?

OK.  So the secret trick is to make sure to set up the EyeTV login with Geniatech, by using the forgot password options from within EyeTV.  This is not the same as a tvguide.com password.  The messed up thing is that this just broke randomly and did not walk me through any new thing I had to do.  My problem is solved.

I too was having issues with the guide not updating automatically, I have spoken to Geniatech support of three occasions now and not once have they suggested I need to set up the EyeTV login with Geniatech instead of Elgato version. I have now done the password reset trick and, fingers crossed, this may fix my issues.