mcnallym

Eyetv Netstream 4T

I see in the latest EyeTV 3.6.9 7513 a reference for EyeTV Netstream 4T.

Can Geniatech confirm if this is there previously hinted at Network DVB-T2 tuner, and if is appearing in the EyeTV App now then what timescales looking at.

Currently using a HD Homerun Connect that works but has an issue with sorting the channels properly.  i.e. BBC One HD not showing as 101, BBC Two HD not showing as 102, so is really interested if Geniatech launching a properly support DVB-T2 Network Tuner.

I am using a HDHR4-2DT which is the only HomeRun model that does HDTV channels for the UK. I use the DVB EPG as the source of guide data and I do get BBC One HD listed as 101, BBC Two HD listed as 102, ITV HD listed as 103 and so on. If you have the older HDHR3-DT model this does not support DVB-T2 channels and hence does not support HD channels.

Yes the indications from Geniatech is that they are supposed to be releasing a NetStream-4T as a DVB-T2 network tuner although this does seem to have slipped significantly. I believe the NetStream-4A is the equivalent for the US market and maybe shipping.

It is interesting that the name is apparently going to be NetStream-4T as this implies it will be a four tuner device like the 4S. As others have pointed out EyeTV is currently unable to use more than two tuners even with a NetStream-4S. One hopes this will be addressed at the same time.

I find the channels simply however it doesn't sort the channels with the proper number.   It is a HDHR4-2DT with the current firmware on it.  Eye TV is now the 7514 build.  I find BBC One HD just that doesn't show as 101, E4 isn't 28 etc

Is more annoying then stopping working/recording.

As Geniatech don't actually support this model, then would be interested in a properly supported DVB-T2 tuner as opposed to one that works but isn't supported.

I think the numbers are decided by hardware/provider. If I use Hybrid(s) then I can define the sorting order and the numbering will follow that. If I use HDHR then I can sort like I want but the numbers remain the same as defined by the provider.

What is needed is the option to use a user defined numbering.

Managed to get it to list the channels to list properly.

Not sure if is the updated firmware or simply that had a TV window opened tuned to BBC One HD so the search used Tuner 2, however a Search now finds the channels and lists them properly.   i.e. BBC One HD is 101, E4 is 28 etc 

With Geniatech dropping support for the HDHomerun boxes then guessing they have no intention of actually releasing the 4T tuner ( as is now 15 months later ) even though still lists as a possible tuner.

I could deal with them dropping the HDHomerun Network DVB-T2 tuner if they actually released one of there own.

Makes you wander why they even bothered buying the EyeTV business from elgato if not going to actually progress it.