Webguy

Airplay not working properly iOS10

The EyeTV app for iOS has been missing an AirPlay button for several years, but  iOS on my iPad would always let me select AirPlay from the control center.  So, the missing selection button from the app was not a big deal.

With the recent iOS 10 release, apps that are missing the AirPlay button in the app default to AirPlay "mirroring mode", if you select AirPlay from the control center panel.  There's no way to get regular AirPlay (stream in the background) if the app has no AirPlay button in the app.

That means that EyeTV can only stream through mirroring mode, preventing you from AirPlay streaming to an Apple TV in the background.  This is a real problem- to use EyeTV to stream to Apple TV, you can't use your iPad simultaneously for anything else.  

I'm not sure why the original developers didn't update the app to include an AirPlay button, but what was formerly an omission that had a workaround now has become a major deficiency in the app's usability.  Will this app be updated to fix this?