Mario

Compatibility with MacOS Sierra

45 minutes ago, kym said:

How about not getting on a forum and infer to all vistors that I am stupid "It seems you simply have been using the incorrect version of EyeTV 3" particularly when I had already posted Geniatech Support's advice that the issue was known and that they were working on it.  I afford respect to those who post considered replys (like Ton) but unfortuately that doesn't include you.

I never insulted you, you went after me. Nothing in my post was condescending, you took it as such. Sometimes the reflection staring back at you in the mirror can be unsettling. Don't play the victim and grow up. I don't have time for reindeer games. 

You were and are rude and childish. I hope you're young, if you're an adult, that's just sad. 

Now I've sunk to your level. Happy Holidays! :)

Could anyone who has posted as having problems with EyeTV and Sierra please reply and confirm that version 3.6.9 (7514) has resolved all the issues?  Please detail what TV tuner device you are using as well pleas

I use OSX 10.12.3 i.c.w. EyeTV 3.6.9 (7514). No problems.

Since YMMV it is always advisable to make a 100% clone to an external bootable HD (check whether it is really bootable!) using tools like CCC before any major update. That way, you can always fall back and restore old situation.

I have a MacBook Pro (Mid 14) and an iMac (Late 15), both on the latest OS X (10.2.3). On the MacBook EyeTV 3.6.9 (7514) is running the way it should. On the iMac it's not. Signal drops to zero at nearly every channel switch. The only chance to use EyeTV then is to restart the iMac. I mean - restarting an iMac every day is like working with Windows back in the days. It was working prior to the release of Sierra, so no issue with signal, no issue with hardware - neither the Mac's nor EyeTV sat's hardware has a problem. 

I am really really really having pulse, since I can't fix this, no matter what version of EyeTV-Software I am using. I've tried all available versions on my iMac, de-installed with Reporter. I did everything I can do. It doesn't get better, it doesn't work on the iMac. But it does on the MacBook. I don't know why and what to do. Please, Geniatech, fix this. Send me betas for testing, suggestions, what ever it is - I am here. Any! Help! Is welcome!

Thank you, Lutz

Edited by Lutz

EyeTV 3.6.9(7514) supports macOS Sierra, to download:

https://www.geniatech.eu/eyetv/software/

If your EyeTV 3.6.9(7514) crashes on macOS Sierra, please contact our support team to download EyeTV DBG version. 

Ps. some users are using Korean or other languages as system language. Please try to change the system language to English, if the problem has been resolved, please also contact our support team to get a newer version of EyeTV 3.6.9 for your language (for example Korean).

I have written numerous times to this firm over the past couple of days without one reply both through the service requrest portal and contact portal. I did get an automated reply from the site stating that they received my queries but nothing more. 

It's very disheartenting to see that my hardware is going to end up in  a landfill because this company doesn't support both it's clients and the hardware that it has procurred from elgato.

In my case, all I wanted was some some support wuth eyetv2 which didnt work with eyetv hybrid under OSX 10.12.  I later found that that it no longer works with version 2 but supposedly works with version 3.  I downloaded it thinking that it was a free update. My serial number didnt work so I wrote them... I checked around and read that there is an upgrade discount for version 2 owners but cannot find it on the site.  The cost for version 3 is too high and if that's the price without a discount for previous owners... I'll just trash the product and be done with it.  

Either way, I would appreicate a reply from this company so I can proceed.

Barry

On 1.2.2017 at 10:02 PM, thomaskud said:

EyeTV 3.6.9(7514) supports macOS Sierra, to download:

https://www.geniatech.eu/eyetv/software/

If your EyeTV 3.6.9(7514) crashes on macOS Sierra, please contact our support team to download EyeTV DBG version. 

Ps. some users are using Korean or other languages as system language. Please try to change the system language to English, if the problem has been resolved, please also contact our support team to get a newer version of EyeTV 3.6.9 for your language (for example Korean).

Hi Thomas

First, thank you very much for your answer! It's a good sign for us customers to get a feedback. As stated above, I am running the EyeTV Version 3.6.9 (7514), that works on one device (MacBook) and doesn't run on the other (iMac). That's what confuses me so much - both devices on the latest update of MacOS, both aren't outdated in terms of the hardware. The hiccups on the iMac are the once described from many users - "No Signal", sometimes it occurs when I change channel, sometimes it occurs when I start EyeTV. If deinstalled with reporter numerous times, tried different 3.6.9 "editions" - no change. So I will follow your recommendations and contact support to ask for DBG version. I'll report back if I get an answer and if DBG makes a difference. 

Best regards, Lutz

Hey,

i do have the same problem as i cannot use my EyeTV since i did upgrade to macOS back in October last year. I run it on my iMAC (mid2011) and found it very interesting that Lutz posted the issue it  (may) relates to iMac only (or to older machines in general). I have tried various EyeTV versions all of the actual once 3.6.9 (xxxx) but also 3.6.7 - no success. I tried two version on my NetStream one Port version (the build-in one, by resetting it to factory settings and the newest build 1.1.5 (423) - no success at all.

However one interesting fact, as i can watch some channels but most of them not (NO SIGNAL), As i live in Germany i use a Satellite called 19.2 Astra and it turns out that the channels using Frequencies less than approx. 11686 MHz are able to being watched. All other channels using a higher frequency, (for eg. like 11720 MHz) showing the message NO SIGNAL.

I post this as i hope that someone can confirm a similar pattern the problem, too.

i will open a Support ticket/request, too now. 

BR
Jens

On 1.2.2017 at 10:09 AM, Lutz said:

I have a MacBook Pro (Mid 14) and an iMac (Late 15), both on the latest OS X (10.2.3). On the MacBook EyeTV 3.6.9 (7514) is running the way it should. On the iMac it's not. Signal drops to zero at nearly every channel switch. The only chance to use EyeTV then is to restart the iMac. I mean - restarting an iMac every day is like working with Windows back in the days. It was working prior to the release of Sierra, so no issue with signal, no issue with hardware - neither the Mac's nor EyeTV sat's hardware has a problem. 

I am really really really having pulse, since I can't fix this, no matter what version of EyeTV-Software I am using. I've tried all available versions on my iMac, de-installed with Reporter. I did everything I can do. It doesn't get better, it doesn't work on the iMac. But it does on the MacBook. I don't know why and what to do. Please, Geniatech, fix this. Send me betas for testing, suggestions, what ever it is - I am here. Any! Help! Is welcome!

Thank you, Lutz

hello

same problem here- my (pretty old) eyetv-sat works perfectly with my macbook pro (late2012), but does not with my new iMac (late2015)- as far as i understood all relevant postings, it seems, that apple has changed something around the usb-stack and therefore i do not have much hope, that geniatech will get this problem solved- i really liked watching tv while working on my iMac and therefore i am really disappointed, about this...nevertheless i/we  have to accept, that neither apple nor geniatech are very interested to get this old device to run on new machines....

i am watching sat-tv at the moment via an virtual-windows7 on my iMac- a rather poor workaround, i know,  but it works at least as long as the computer is not going into sleep-mode- when waked up after a break, terratec-cinema does not work until i power off/on the eyetv-sat device...then it runs almost perfect until the next sleep....

...so schaut's aus!

rgds

ajw

well, my old iMAC (mid2011) and my old Netstream SAT (1port) works perfectly well until October. But after the installation of macOS Sierra on the iMAC the problem with eyetv and netstream began. Therefore i think it´s more related to macOS Sierra than to old & new Apple HW. I still hope Geniatech will find the root cause and is able to fix it. I just wonder if they would share if somebody working on it and how we can help in troubleshooting. If the root cause is still not clear.

rgds

jens

...and no, downgrade to EL Capitan is not an option for me 

Hello,

after updating to 10.12.3 my Mac mini I had the "No Signal" message with EyeTV (7514) using a Netstream4Sat too.

Network was fine, status page reachable, etc.etc.

Turned out, the LNB settings (set using iOS 10) were the culprit. Somehow these changed from the correct "unicable" to something else. Correcting these setting did the job...

Maybe its been pure coincidence, but a brief chek auf the Sat setting might spare lots of search time and nerves.

BR

Chris

@cebu - where & how can i check the LNB settings ? maybe there is a difference between N4Sat vs. N1Sat model ? 

I´m only able to connect to the build-in web server of the N1Sat model, no dedicated APP on IOS (at least i´m aware off)

BR
Jens

@jens: I programmed the LNB via the Netstream App (iOS --> https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/eyetv-netstream/id471355861?mt=8).

Should work with the N1Sat as I understand it.

BTW: My 1st attempt to set up the LNB failed because I connected all the hardware FIRST and tried to program the LNB THEN. No signal...

Only by chance I then realized, that the values for the LNB have to be adjusted BEFORE connecting the sat cable. Can' t explain it, but it worked like a charm then...

BR

Chris

I have tried the Netstream App on my IPad IOS10, it works basically but it seems it cannot keep a stable connection to the netstream. This could be a temporarily issue with my local wifi, but in comparison to the EyeTV app the Netstream App is worse.

Also strange, it does not show  the major general available HD channels ( for eg.   ARD HD),

In addition to those issues I cannot find that LNB configuration within the Netstream App, looks like that this is dedicated to the 

N4Sat HW. 

On 2.11.2016 at 1:05 PM, Ton said:

No idea where/how I got mine. If you want, you can DL it here here

still the same problem. version 7514 is sill not there when you click through the menu. 

It is just available when you get the link https://www.geniatech.eu/eyetv/de/software/

BUT, even this version is not running in my Sierra 10.12.3 (16D32) ! 

MacPro (Early 2013) 6-core running MacOSX Sierra 10.12.4 with 32GB memory using a Geniatech EyeTv T2 stick with EyeTV 3.6.9 (7514) as recommended. Software starts, menus are there but crashes immediately afterwards. What a terrible Software and the support team is also not very helpful posting generic answers. I very much hope the competition catches which is sad to say as I am using EyeTv for many many years.