qz3fwd

Device feature requests

I look forward to this device being introduced to the US market.

I would like to ask for the following features in the product:

1. bitstream the broadcast mpeg2-ts to clients preserving video quality and multichannel surround audio.

The added benefit here is faster channel tuning times.

2. Ability to use all tuners by a client-for example eyetv could record off all tuners or watch 1 tuner while using the remaining tuners for background recording.

I think the original netstream has some silly limitation like reserving a tuner for mobile devices. Instead implement proper dynamic tuner algorithms.

3. If 2 programs are on the same TP, use only a single tuner to stream both multiplexed.

4. DREAM REQUEST-Include a cablecard version to enable full access to CCI 0x01 Copy Freely content! Likely to never happen by while I am asking doesn't hurt to ask.

When will this device be made available-after CES2017?

Problem long solved:

Buy any HDHR and use either DVBlink or TVHeadend and you have all your wishes fulfilled. For DRM channels get a separate software added.

@qz3fwd

"2. Ability to use all tuners by a client-for example eyetv could record off all tuners or watch 1 tuner while using the remaining tuners for background recording.I think the original netstream has some silly limitation like reserving a tuner for mobile devices. Instead implement proper dynamic tuner algorithms."

There is now a solutionthat makes all 4 tuners work as expected.

Stop EyeTV. In terminal: "defaults write com.elgato.eyetv "max SAT2IP tuners" -int 4". Restart EyeTV now it.should work.

ScrnPrnt_1050.thumb.png.297815fee549ae31c8b19ecf5a6a0d25.png

Edited by Ton