lamatita

eyetv hybrid doesn't work on Windows 10

Hi

the device doesn't work on windows 10. I downloaded and installed THC. I downloaded the drivers for windows 10 but the S.O. doens't find the usb device.

My device has a few years but on IMAC works fine (some problems occasionally on detection).

Are you sure the eyetv hybrid is compatible with Windows 10?

Thank you

On Wed Jan 11 2017 at 6:53 PM, lamatita said:

Hi

the device doesn't work on windows 10. I downloaded and installed THC. I downloaded the drivers for windows 10 but the S.O. doens't find the usb device.

My device has a few years but on IMAC works fine (some problems occasionally on detection).

Are you sure the eyetv hybrid is compatible with Windows 10?

Thank you

Eyetv Hybird is compatible with Windows 10. Please update windows 10 again and check the history it should include KB3150513  Patch. As Claire said , https://www.geniatech.eu/eyetv/?s=driver ,here is the Driver for Eyetv Hybird. 

On Sun Apr 30 2017 at 4:53 AM, 1HY108101003 said:

Hi

My eyeTV hybrid worked fine, then windows 10 made an update in april 2017 and it have not worked since :(

Eyetv Hybird is compatible with Windows 10. Please update windows 10 again and check the history it should include KB3150513  Patch. As Claire said , https://www.geniatech.eu/eyetv/?s=driver ,here is the Driver for Eyetv Hybird. 

Is there more than one version of the Eyetv Hybrid? The one I have was bought around 2010 to 2012.

In Windows 10 it installs and the driver version is 5.9.813.1 05/08/2010

The driver I downloaded manually is 2.3.3.64 dated 14/07/2014 If I force the driver in (it doesnt add it otherwise) it doesnt report an issue but wants to restart the PC. If I dont restart and run the software it tries to scan but doesnt find anything (as it does with the 5.9 driver)  if i do restart then the exclamation comes up in device manager.

This device cannot start. (Code 10)
Insufficient system resources exist to complete the API.

After restarting the software  cannot see the device as you would expect.

I am using the indoor aerial even though I have it outside the windows for testing.  It would be nice to know if the driver 5.9.813.1 05/08/2010 is the one being talked about.

Edited by 8bitBoomer

I tried doing an analogue scan (didn't expect to pick anything up as it was turned off years ago) and it picked up a radio signal at 100 MHz.  It seems to be some talk radio thing so it does seem like it is working in some way. 

Not picking up digital TV for me isnt a big deal as I am going to use it for backing up VHS anyway.