ibrewster

Archive to DVD?

Is there an easy way, preferably without buying extra software, to archive EyeTV recordings to DVD? I'm not talking about burning a data disk containing the recordings, but rather making an actual DVD, playable in a DVD player, with the recordings. Even better would be if I could get a menu allowing me to easily select which recording I wanted to see. Thanks!

Why DVD format? It is very inefficiënt and takes up unnecessary space. I would-be concert to .MKV preferabel with Handbrake givong good quality and efficiency. Then files can be either played diirectly from Finder or using any Mediaplayer to your liking.

Because it's a standard format. Because I can take a DVD to just about anywhere, slap it in a player, and see my videos. Because I can watch a DVD without needing a computer. Because my non-techie friends can watch a DVD without any issues. Basically, it's just the best option for storing video :-)

True, but what does that have to do with anything? A DVD is designed to be watched in a DVD player (or a BluRay player would work as well), which is typically a device connected to a TV - no computer involved. So even if DVD players went away completely on computers, that would have absolutely no impact as to the usefulness of DVD's. Now if TV attached DVD players were going away that would be a different matter - but since BluRay drives play DVD's just fine, there's no danger of that in the foreseeable future.