Hannes

Alternative to Terratec Home Cinema on PC?

Hello all!
Is there an alternative way to use the Netstream 4c on Windows-Systems?
Terratec ist the worst company ever, I had to learn that years before - never there was a product which was able to run without problems - and no support.

Here I feel the same - eyeTV and Terratec seems to be a terrible combination. I tried to run Home Cinema on a "normal" Windows-7 SP1 System. Always the program crashed with the sam error: CinergyDvr.exe crashed with MSVCR90.dll
I had deinstalled the "old" version of MS Visual C++ 2008 and let the setup of "Home Cinema" do - crashed in searching senders.

I had deinstalled the version of MS Visual C++ 2008 and did a setup up with vcredist-x86 inkl. ServicePack  - "HomeCinema" crashed in searching senders.

I did all the same on several Systems with Windows 7 (Ultimate) - always the same crashes - and no reaction on "Support" of eyeTV.

Has anybody an idea to the the shit running?

Thanx in advance
Hannes

I solved the problem myself:

On Setup I take "no Filter" and then searched one Region after the other.

That seems to help. Then the different Regions were searched and I found the stations I looked for. It is not very comfortable, but it runs. So you can put in the stations into the favourite-list.

Annother fact: The "Support" sends no answer on my quuestions - it only documentated the receive...

Hannes

If you're running Windows then sent the thing back and get yourself a HDHR. This works with a variety of software and platform. 

As I wrote elsewhere: the Netstream 4C is. in its present form money thrown away.

Edited by Ton

Hi Ton,

thanx a lot for the tip. I didn´t know the HDHR. Does it work on german cable networks? I am living in Germany. It seems to be an american piece. I will have to google it .
It is not impossible to use annother piece if it runs better and easier.
Tank you again for the tip!

Hannes

thanks Ton, Windows 7 is not the latest + securest platform and run out of support from MSFT as well other, any change you upgrade to windows 8.x or Winodws 10?

Sorry, I know (altmost) nothing about Win. Use it once a year for my accounting. But there are a lot of TV-software on Win. Take a look at dvblogin.com. They have a fully unlimited version for Win (and Mac) that Will fullfill nearly all your wishes. Only limitaties is that you must upgrade to paid version if you want to use the aTV4 software too. (Yeas they have a free app for that)

@Mikyesun: Do you work for Microsoft?? W7 ist not the latest platform - thats right; but who told you it is unsecure??

The mainstream-support has ended at January 13, 2015 , the extended Support will end on January 14, 2020. Mainstream-support for W8 will end in Jan. next year....

So I will not buy every new system when MS thinks, it is good for their income.  W7 is a stable system with experienced support of almost the actual Hard- and Software. I won´t tell about my adventures with W10 on my notebook....
In this case of the topic the system is running now as described before; the problem was solved by myself. The topic here was the bad support of terratec (= even no reaction on eMails) and geniatech, who wanted to send a new activation-key if I would send a copy of my invoice....  There you see their knowledge...
So, if you are not able to solve your problems by yourself you have no chance to use the products of Geniatech oder Terratec...  the Customer is alway the king.