Bríd

Help with Hybrid

Hi

I'm hoping that someone may be able to help me. I haven't used my hybrid device in awhile - and I'm puzzled about my experience now and hopw someone can advise me.

I've moved into a new apartment with a cable TV connection in two rooms. I have my regular TV set up in one - recently I moved it into the other room and thought it would be nice to use my lEyeTV device in the other, if I wish - rather than moving the TV from room to room or having a 2nd TV.

When I did the exhaustive scan it seems to recognise the channels ok, but when I try to watch a channel I get a message to say 'encrypted' and I cannot see anything.

Can you help me throw some light on this problem please? So, in summary, the cable outlet works with a TV ok. The EyeTV device can find the channels but cannot 'see' them.

Many thanks and regards

Bridget

Encrypted means that the provider will allow viewing only when there is either a SetTopBox, Smartcard or similar. Hybrid does not have that. There are devices that can circumvent this (Softcam, etc) but dependance on country of origin and more.

Thanks Ton. I'm puzzled because the TV is basic, and it works. Also the hybrid device has worked for me elsewhere where I have a subscription service.

I appreciate your prompt reply on this thanks

Bridget