Residue

Unpleasant

Have just been forced by a failed hard drive to adopt El Capitan.    EyeTV 3.6.9 recommended, and downloaded.   Autotune produces a grand total of  0 channels where once there were 117.   Archived material seems playable, but that's not what I paid for.   Currently it takes Geniatech three days - or so they say - to respond from their Asiatic strong hold, and it seems their default reaction is to blame Apple.   Globalisation might be OK in the hands of honest traders, but they seem to be extinct these days.

A good lesson to be learned from this is: always have a recent 100% backup closeby. I let the system daily make a clone of itself on a seperate external drive. Besides that I make backups of the type "EyrTV Reporter" for important application. All just to prevent this type of horror.

Why not switch to 10.12 being the most recent OSX? Together with the latest 3.6.9 (7514) everything should work.

What Elgato (Brand/Type) device is the problem? Check (and recheck) the cabling since is the most likely culprit.