Sign in to follow this  
martin

SAT>IP Cable (DVB-C) support

I have subscription channels on my cable and have been using the EyeTV 610 for many years. It still works great - but I've now moved my program card to my Octopus Net device, so that I can get my channels on all devices. Unfortunately EyeTV don't support DVB-C tuning on the Octopus Net and this has forced me to use other software on my Mac mini, when I want to record on pay-channels.

I really hope that you would add support for SAT>IP Cable, DVB-C. I really don't want to leave you, but I may be forced to re-think and find someone else to dance with ;(

Maybe interesten to know. I got the Netstream, 4C working with all 4 tuners. I think that the same trick will also get the HDHR3-4DC working with 4 tuners.

On 28/2/2017 at 2:01 PM, alfons said:

May I ask which other software you are using on the Mac with the Octopus Net box?

I use SAT>IP Viewer for Mac - not really great software at all, but it works. I mostly use the software to record the ts-stream and then play using VLC on my Apple TV. For live tv on my Apple TV I use the official app from SAT>IP. That app does not have any features, but it plays live TV nicely.

• Like 1

On 28/2/2017 at 5:16 PM, Ton said:

Maybe interesten to know. I got the Netstream, 4C working with all 4 tuners. I think that the same trick will also get the HDHR3-4DC working with 4 tuners.

The Netstream only supports Free-to-Air channels - so that product is not a solution for me :(