Circles

Eyetv's live video breaks hauppauge hd pvr

I plug my hauppauge in and i assume the hauppauge is working as intended, however eyetv instantly lags, stutters, then stops working altogether and to top it off it shuts off the usb connection to the hauppauge once it breaks. Im on mac sierra, i paid for this and theres no other way to stream my hauppauge live on my mac, this is very frustrating and i really would just like a refund i think..

-  How many USB devices are connected?

-  Is the Hauppage connected directly or thru (powered?) hub.

-  Recording same problem?

-  Test the Hauppage on another Mac to determine cause.

-  Check (with Activity Monitor) the load/swapping of your system.

On 3/5/2017 at 1:18 AM, Ton said:

-  How many USB devices are connected?

-  Is the Hauppage connected directly or thru (powered?) hub.

-  Recording same problem?

-  Test the Hauppage on another Mac to determine cause.

-  Check (with Activity Monitor) the load/swapping of your system.

- Just the hauppauge, now its suddenly not working on my first USB and it is on my second USB on my macbook, I did have it repaired at the mac store and they replaced the USB's i think, i looked at my system specs and it says they're usb 2.0 but there was an app that said that i had 1.0, is there any way to tell?

- Yes

- Recording is the same problem, but the recording itself isnt laggy. 

- I dont have another mac to test this with and id need two eyetv programs

- How do i do that?

What happens is i plug in the hauppauge, i get 8 seconds at best of laggy looking live stream, and then the hauppauge yellow light goes off, and sometimes the red light goes on when i plug it in... Im wondering if theres something wrong with my USB on my computer, is there a way to verify its slow?

I'm afraid the Hauppage may be defect. Only way to test that is with another Mac or PC. You can install EyeTV on as many Macs as you want with the same ID for testing. No problem.

On 3/9/2017 at 3:07 AM, Ton said:

I'm afraid the Hauppage may be defect. Only way to test that is with another Mac or PC. You can install EyeTV on as many Macs as you want with the same ID for testing. No problem.

It probably is the hauppauge, its an older model 1212 is there any way to fix it on my end??

On 3/13/2017 at 5:47 AM, wgstarks said:

Every time I have had a problem with my PVR it has actually been the power supply. I don't have any way you can confirm this with yours, but you may want to try just replacing the power supply first if the PVR isn't still under warranty.

http://www.hauppauge.com/site/webstore2/webstore_hdpvr_power-supply.html

I ordered a new cable and the same thing happens, it lags for 9 seconds then crashes.. The stream continues to the television, the hauppauge light goes out though.