milamu

EyeTV-T2 not working

On MacOS 10.11.6 and 10.12.4 with Eyetv-T2-Stick and the newest software EyeTV 3.6.9(7514) I only have stuttering Video, very high Cpu-Usage and constantly crashes.

The old DVB-T Stick was working fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks, Mike

Hi All, 

since the switch off / switch to DVB-T2 HD in Germany we recognised that some customer face unexpected performance issues, when receiving T2 HD H.265 this is due that the broadcaster has changed the surrounding technical parameters which is vers the Pilot - Run since Mai 2017 with 6 HD Channels, which has worked out pretty well with eyetv T2 / T2 lite + eyetv 3.6.9 (7514), thats key issue - the other issue was that the customers have not find the time to read the basic requirements

• Für den Empfang von DVB-T2 HD TV-Support 1080p/50 (Deutschland)ist ein Prozessor von Intel/AMD vergleichbar mit, oder besser als der Intel Core i5 2,5 GHz ,
    sowie mindestens 4 GB RAM (Arbeitsspeicher) und macOS10.9 ,oder neuer, erforderlich.
  • In order to receive DVT-T2 HD TV-Support 1080p/50 (Germany),
    you have to have an Intel/AMD processor which is better or equal to the Intel Core i5 2,5 GHz,
    as well as at least 4 GB of RAM(random access memory) and macOS 10.9 or newer.

Anyway - we already started already - since we able to reproduce it in our labs in germany / china - expect a solution soon.

stay tuned - Mike

2 minutes ago, milamu said:

Thanks for this post!

I have an iMac Quadcore i7 with 2,8 GHz and 16 GB RAM, that should be enough.

Hope there will be a solution soon.

Mike

you are right - working on, ...

1 hour ago, Mikyesun said:

Hi All, 

since the switch off / switch to DVB-T2 HD in Germany we recognised that some customer face unexpected performance issues, when receiving T2 HD H.265 this is due that the broadcaster has changed the surrounding technical parameters which is vers the Pilot - Run since Mai 2017 with 6 HD Channels, which has worked out pretty well with eyetv T2 / T2 lite + eyetv 3.6.9 (7514), thats key issue - the other issue was that the customers have not find the time to read the basic requirements

• Für den Empfang von DVB-T2 HD TV-Support 1080p/50 (Deutschland)ist ein Prozessor von Intel/AMD vergleichbar mit, oder besser als der Intel Core i5 2,5 GHz ,
    sowie mindestens 4 GB RAM (Arbeitsspeicher) und macOS10.9 ,oder neuer, erforderlich.
  • In order to receive DVT-T2 HD TV-Support 1080p/50 (Germany),
    you have to have an Intel/AMD processor which is better or equal to the Intel Core i5 2,5 GHz,
    as well as at least 4 GB of RAM(random access memory) and macOS 10.9 or newer.

Anyway - we already started already - since we able to reproduce it in our labs in germany / china - expect a solution soon.

stay tuned - Mike

I have the current and most powerful mac pro 6.1 in use with 64 GB of RAM. Also can not do it!

Edited by sbockyman

2 hours ago, Mikyesun said:

My iMac has an 3,1GHz Intel Core i5 with 16GB ...  running eyetv 3.6.9 (7514).

It's definitly the software which makes the video stutter!

I've recorded some videos (1,5 hours), converted the mpg-file in the eyetv-archive with iFFmeg to AppleTV (mp4), and the video plays fluently!

So please keep an eye to eyeTV!

Michael

Edited by experiment466

14 hours ago, experiment466 said:

It's definitly the software which makes the video stutter!

I can confirm that: when I start the mpg file without converting with the video software Iina, video and sound are running pretty well and synchronized an the same Mac!

So it has to be a problem of EyeTV3.

Eyetv lite don't work since switch in Germany to DB tv 2:

my Eyetv lite can't even recieve. It says "Sender nicht verfügbar" although all paramenters are fine regarding mac machine and software. This is since switch in Germany to DB tv 2, Before everything worked. So it must be Eyetv Hard and/or software. I have not recieved any answers since making contact verrsus the formular (Ticket#2017030616000208) regarding this topic! By now I#m askng myself if I bought Abandonware?! When will there be a solution so what I bought will function??

1 minute ago, kias said:

Eyetv lite don't work since switch in Germany to DB tv 2:

my Eyetv lite can't even recieve. It says "Sender nicht verfügbar" although all paramenters are fine regarding mac machine and software. This is since switch in Germany to DB tv 2, Before everything worked. So it must be Eyetv Hard and/or software. I have not recieved any answers since making contact verrsus the formular (Ticket#2017030616000208) regarding this topic! By now I#m askng myself if I bought Abandonware?! When will there be a solution so what I bought will function??

Aktuelle Softwareversion installiert? DVB-T2 benötigt eyeTV3 Version 3.6.9 (7514)

https://www.geniatech.eu/eyetv/de/software/

Yesterday I received an answer from support:

Thank you for contacting us.
There are some know issues with DVB-T2 HEVC channels. Our team is working on this theme. We'll solve it as soon as possible. Sorry for any inconvenience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

with 7514 still constant crashes on Sierra 10.12.3 (16D32)

the he version 7514 is not visible scolling through the menu, only in the link 

https://www.geniatech.eu/eyetv/de/software/

very strange and not funny hat after system change in Germany the soft and ghardware of eyeTV doesn't provide the service which you and we have paid for (110,- euro!!) 

To whom it may concern (In Germany). This is what I received from Geniatech on 4 April in response to my inquiry regarding this problem:

I hope they get it solved (very) soon, otherwise the gadget will be returned.

-------------

Vielen Dank für Deine Kontaktaufnahme

DVB-T ist in Deutschland abgeschaltet worden und am 29.03.2017 ab 12 Uhr wurde das neue DVB-T2 HD aufgeschaltet.

Deutschland geht einen eigenen technischen Weg, und bedingt leider neuer Tunerhardware und eine extra neue eyetv 3 / Mac Version
DVB-T2 HD HEVC, die Minimum Bedingungen sind:
macOS >=10.9
EyeTV 3.6.9(7514) – kostenloses Update hier zu laden / und anschließend zu installieren / https://www.geniatech.eu/eyetv/software/ (geht auch mit dem eyetv T2 lite)
CPU >= Intel Core i5 
Memory >=4GB
!ohne das Erfüllen der obigen Bedingungen ist der Empfang und das Dekodieren von DVB-T2 HD HEVC NICHT möglich!

Es gibt ein bekanntes Problem mit ZDF Sendergruppe. Unser Team wird das Problem schnell wie möglich beheben und EyeTV 3 aktualisieren.
Wir möchten für alle Unannehmlichkeiten entschuldigen.

Viele Grüße,

Qirui 

Geniatech EyeTV Support Team

--------

Mike

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Mike said:

Es gibt ein bekanntes Problem mit ZDF Sendergruppe. Unser Team wird das Problem schnell wie möglich beheben und EyeTV 3 aktualisieren.
Wir möchten für alle Unannehmlichkeiten entschuldigen.

Viele Grüße,

Qirui 

Geniatech EyeTV Support Team

--------

Mike

Definitely NOT only a problem with ZDF group, same problem with ARD!!!

Hey there.

I cannot choose the EYETV DVB-T2 LITE divice in my EyeTv3 version at all. I updated it to the latest available version. No chance with that. The device list seems to be almost as old as my last Terratec device. 

Is there a way to update the device list to choose the right device in EyeTv3? Or do I have to buy it AGAIN for a proper listing?

I`m very confused.

Kind regards

@all - please check out https://www.geniatech.eu/eyetv/de/software/, we do release a mayor update (build 7516) for all DVB-T2 HD / Germany Customer + users, for:

eyetv 3.6.9 (7516) DVB-T2 HD HEVC – Update //

-> Download Eytev 3 Version 3.6.9 (7516) HEVC 

eyetv lite (7516) DVB-T2 HD HEVC

-> Download Eytev 3 lite (7516) HEVC 

With Build 7516 it's much better than before, but still not fluent. Both, ARD and ZDF. My system meets the requirements. Uh, yes, after about 5 minutes of play eyetv crashed on my Mac. Latest OS.

Regards.

Tks Geniatech, reception is definitely better now with the latest build - but there is still occasional stuttering on ZDF channels. Also, export to Toast Titanium and edit function does not work. 

Best

Mike

I just tried the new software 7516 - it is not running on my macbook (Sierra 10.12.4). The same problems - all the time shuttering screen, no picture, break down ....

Is there any service from geniatech? I've got no answer, I only got the ticket number (Ticket#2017040216000473) but no reaction ....

Hi,

for me eyeTV 3 runs now much more stable with version 7.6.9 build 7516 on a HDHomeRun CONNECT Box.

My Hardware is iMac (Retina 5K, 27", End 2015) with 64GB and Intel i7.

No crashes, no shuttering, sound is in sync - so far with two open EyeTV 3 windows.

BR Jörg