Alex Ingram

EPG losing channels

Hi, using EyeTV 3.6.9 (7517) with my HD HomeRun on Mac OS X 10.12.4 in the UK I seem to have a persistent issue of losing channels from my EPG.

The issue is not resolved either by doing a channel scan or updating the EPG but closing and reopening the app corrects it. It appears to be losing complete muxes of channels, e.g. most of the radio, BBC channels etc.

Has anyone else had this issue?

On 5/3/2017 at 11:31 AM, Alex Ingram said:

Hi, using EyeTV 3.6.9 (7517) with my HD HomeRun on Mac OS X 10.12.4 in the UK I seem to have a persistent issue of losing channels from my EPG.

The issue is not resolved either by doing a channel scan or updating the EPG but closing and reopening the app corrects it. It appears to be losing complete muxes of channels, e.g. most of the radio, BBC channels etc.

Has anyone else had this issue?

@Alex Ingram

Yes I have. See my older post as per below. 

As you will see there are three related bugs to do with using HDHomeRun tuners with EyeTV.

The workaround is to briefly view each missing channel in a live TV window. I have however recently chased Geniatec over these issues, it would be helpful if you could post a reply in my older thread as above to add weight to this issue.

I have had the same problem (HDHomeRun; ATSC antenna signal in US; using paid TV Now subscription for EPG; channel 7-1 ABC was not visible in the Program Guide).

Viewing the missing channel 7-1 in a live TV window did not restore the channel in the program guide.

The fix for me was to right click on Program Guide and select "Clear EPG guide", then update the guide.  All channels including Channel 7-1 are now restored in the guide.

I have had the same problem (HDHomeRun; ATSC antenna signal in US; using paid TV Guide subscription for EPG; channel 7-1 ABC was not visible in the EyeTV Program Guide).

Viewing the missing channel 7-1 in a live TV window did not restore the channel in the program guide.

The fix for me was to right click on Program Guide and select "Clear EPG guide", then update the guide.  All channels including Channel 7-1 are now restored in the guide.

Edited by chuckles67