Sign in to follow this  
fissionbomb

Channel scan problem on Astra23,5E

Hi guys , i believe i have found a bug in firmware of the new eyetv-netstream-4sat(refreshed) and a problem with the reset procedure. So i would like to inform you guys.
it just started like a month ago (or maybe before). Eyetv on Mac OSX couldnt find channels on 23,5E Astra on my mac laptop. i went to my classic MacPro and tried there, i had already all channles from prevous scans, i deleted them (astra 23,5 channels) and started a clean scan. channel scan didnt find anything there either. i tried with eye tv version 4517, 4516, 4513. and Sat-ip app on mac (from DVBViewers creator) ( all eye tv apps on ios works/worked perfectly with the reciever). 
To verify the problem, to test with another app and to reproduce the bug i used DVBViewer on PC win 10. 
I started with DVBViewer to scan transponders but after second or third transponder DVBViewer just gave up and went to idle. I restarted "scan" again with status page by side, saw on eyetv-netstream-4sat  status page that they were communicating. But after three transponders 1=11487,V,1667,34,DVB-S,QPSK, 2=11508,V,14999,34,DVB-S,QPSK, 3=11581,H,2400,56,S2,8PSK DVBViewer gave up and went to idle.  i looked to the status page and there were no active users.  i started scan again, my ip and session id  appeared on status page, but after three transponders both devices went to idle. i tried couple of times, with couple of edited tranponder lists with deferent  SR values and i saw that problem comes with inactiv  tranponders that have lower SR values (from range from 941 to 2500)  in common. the lower SR values made eye netstream sat really sleepy (times out) and did drop the client/user, and tuner went to sleep :) for exemple if there is three tranponder in a row like those 6=11643,H,5500,34,S2,8PSK, 7=11676,V,1410,45,S2,QPSK, 8=11677,V,1024,23,S2,8PSK, 9=11679,V,1024,23,S2,8PSK, 10=11680,V,1024,23,S2,8PSK EyeTV Netstream 4Sat just drops the last two requests and sleeps.. i belive thet there is 1 minute time out. It goes through first three but it doesnt reach the end before time out..  EYEtv 3 keeps Netstream 4Sat awake and goes through tranponder list but scan finds 0 channels. 
By the way EyeTV Netstream 4Sat Reset Procedure (https://www.geniatech.eu/eyetv/faq/eyetv-netstream-4sat-reset-procedure/) does nothing . after red led, lids the blue and it goes to red again but It doesnt restore factory defaults. I already tried it couple of times and all my settigns are still there.. is this reset procedure still valid for this new device?
Adding low SR (active) tranponders  manually and zaping channels with eye tv app on Mac works tottaly ok, and thats why i love this new device so much, it handles low sr values much much better than the old one. like a month ago the scaning channels at astra 23,5E worked almost perfect on Mac side with the built-in satelite transponder list( in Eye tv resources file in the app). but not anymore. what happend since then? i went throuhg satelilte lists and edited 235 XML file but i just couldnt fixed the problem, i see that there is so many unused frequencies in resource file. can you guys just show me/us how to edit them properly? So i can delete lowSR tranponders and add them manualy after. maybe i edited them wrong..  i do get around this problem by adding transponders manually but it takes time a lot of time. 
Can you guys please update transponder lists for Europe (major satelittes from 1W to 45E) once every three months or maybe often or/and can you guys fix that low SR tranponders without signal doesnt make the box sleepy?
BUT please dont change/block ability to add and watch low sr channels , cause eyetv-netstream-4sat   handles them totally ok. 

Hi fissionbomb,

thank for report, thats a value workout! Reset Procedure: we try to reproduce the reset issue - but not successful so far - as we used it during QC testing for sure a lot - it works fine. For (astra 23,5) - ok let us check - what here the status quo is, we did not have an issue here before, need to repro and correct if necessary.

please stay tuned - come back, LG Mike

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mikyesun said:

Hi fissionbomb,

thank for report, thats a value workout! Reset Procedure: we try to reproduce the reset issue - but not successful so far - as we used it during QC testing for sure a lot - it works fine. For (astra 23,5) - ok let us check - what here the status quo is, we did not have an issue here before, need to repro and correct if necessary.

please stay tuned - come back, LG Mike

Hi again,

i just recorded a video and tried to explain the reset procedure and the problem there. the thing that made me confused is how the old unit handels reset procedure when i compare to the reset procedure with the new one. i mean after reset procedure defaults are not there like the old one does. When i do a factory -reset it should reset the units name (right?) to Eyetv Netstram 4Sat (151), DHCP to DHCP ON, LNB settings to 4. Lets say that i will sell this device and want to restore defaults, but reset procedure does not restores default settings, imagine that i forgot DHCP at static IP and not as default ON, what the next person will do? 

please take a look, here is the video , am i doing reset-procedure wrong?

https://youtu.be/gNcswu-8y9s

Edited by fissionbomb