tonust

EYETV on HIGH SIERRA - 10.13 beta 1

Hello, I encountered a problem with eyetv 3.6.9 on MAC OS X 10.13 beta1. Everything works very well during the installation phase. But as soon as I close eyetv I can not open it anymore. If I modify the file com.elgato.eyetv.plist and more precisely the line: Geniatech eula buildnumber accepted by changing the value filled by 1 or 0 then eyetv works perfectly. Here are several days that I use this technique and everything works.

Could you look at it?

thank you

i was expecting this question here but COME ON, you are asking for a beta release ! it is not even GM, i have also some problems on high sierra but it is a beta and it is the first beta, it is there just for experimenting. you/we cant/shouldnt expect support for it, and the cause is so clear it is first BETA! Just go back to to stable release of sierra.  How do you expect support from Geniatech or from a developer for a BETA release? Geniatech for sure will gather bugs and feedback but we shouldnt expect support tills Apple releases Golden Master. By the way i have also encountered same problem, thanks for solution. There is also a problem if you skip the first channel scan and "eyetv setup assistant". Eye tv crashes if channel list is empty. importing a channel list with EyeTV Reporter solves the problem. 

Edited by fissionbomb

I do not expect any solution. 
Maybe my experience can help some people.
Maybe Geniatech is already working on a version 3.7.0 beta.

Anyway, thank you for the answer.
Edited by tonust

Very interesting find. The latest version works on install but closing and reopening the app crashes when the programme window opens. Modifying the build number from 7518 to 1 or 0 in the com.elgato.eyetv.plist in ~/Library/Preferences fixes the issue. I made a copy of the modified .plist as reopening the app resets the change. Interesting that simply changing the reported build fixes the issue.

Thanks tonust for your help! Greatly appreciate it.

19 minutes ago, tonust said:

problem solved with 10.13 beta 2 :-)

Ha! You beat me to it. Just updated all my Mac's to beta 2 and iOS devices as well. Fixed a lot. Message syncing across systems finally works, too.

• Like 1

+1 on this question! Was getting ready to upgrade to 10.13 now that it has been released, BUT I rely on EyeTV-3 to control my EyeTV-HD (I'm a long-time US user), and there's no other hardware/software combo available in the US that I'm aware of that's designed for the Mac. So, no MacOS 10.13, until EyeTV-3 works reliably!

Any updates on this?