ganzhans

toast cannot burn disc with hd-films, recorded with eyetv

Who can help me? I am using an iMac with Yosemite (OS 10.10.5) and since the reception of tv-channels in Germany has been changed  completely (April 2017) my app ROXIO TOAST 15 PRO is not able anymore to burn a DVD with the HD-material that eyetv delivers. A Roxio plugin did not help. Roxio reports an error: The Format mpa is unknown... Before it was mpeg 2, now it has changes to mpa. What can I do to convert the films to mp4 or mp2 ??? Does anybody have an idea about the best solution? Thank you in advance!

2 hours ago, ganzhans said:

Who can help me? I am using an iMac with Yosemite (OS 10.10.5) and since the reception of tv-channels in Germany has been changed  completely (April 2017) my app ROXIO TOAST 15 PRO is not able anymore to burn a DVD with the HD-material that eyetv delivers. A Roxio plugin did not help. Roxio reports an error: The Format mpa is unknown... Before it was mpeg 2, now it has changes to mpa. What can I do to convert the films to mp4 or mp2 ??? Does anybody have an idea about the best solution? Thank you in advance!

DVB-T2 HD in Germany uses H.265 which probably is not supported by your toast. You can use any "trans-coder" to export all H.265 files/recordings to H.264, for example "Handbrake":

https://handbrake.fr/

In the UK HDTV is in H.264 via DVB-T2, in Germany you are apparently using H.265 over DVB-T2.

Roxio Toast can produce DVD discs which contain MPEG2 video, and if you have the optional Blu-Ray plugin Toast can produce Blu-Ray discs which contain H.264 video. Toast cannot yet product UHD Blu-Ray discs which contain H.265.

In theory Toast could convert the H.265 video down to H.264 and produce a standard Blu-Ray disc. I don't know for certain but it is likely your German HD broadcast even though in H.265 may still only be in 1920x1080 resolution rather than UHD aka 4K resolution.

I could not find an official statement on the Roxio site as to whether it supports converting H.265 but strongly suspect thomaskud is correct in saying it does not. You would therefore need to either tell EyeTV to export to a different format or use some other tool to do the same - possibly Handbrake.