Mikyesun

Renew TV Guide Subscription (12 month)

to renew you first buy a new subscription at http://shop-en.geniatech.eu/epg/us-tv-guide/, after this you will get a Your EPG Renewal Key Email from the shop / system:

Please read below instructions to extend your subscription successfully!

With regards to our authorization server upgrade and customer privacy protection – and cooperate privacy protection, we apologize to claim, that you need to follow below steps carefully and strict  – to activate your EPG – Subscription.

1st Step: Make sure your EyeTV software is updated to the latest version (EyeTV 3.6.9 or later is required). You can download the latest EyeTV 3 from this link: https://bit.ly/eyetv3latest. Please install accordingly.

2nd Step: Register with the email address you used in the Webshop via EyeTV 3.6.9 or higher.  Please note, that this is necessary even though you are already registered. The next steps describe how to register successfully. Please follow them carefully.

• a) Please open EyeTV 3 (Version 3.6.9). In order to check the EyeTV Version, go to EyeTV // Info. It must be EyeTV 3 (Version 3.6.9)

• b) Please open Preferences // EPG (TV Guide) Klick on change / create a new account with the email address you used in the Webshop. It is important that this step is completed successfully.

3rd Step: Please click on the activation link to activate your EPG Subscription (Your EPG Renewal Key Email from the shop / system)

Hello!

I followed these instructions in early June, and all worked well. My TV Guide account was properly renewed through next February (2017).

However, about ten days ago EyeTV began telling me that my account had expired — and my listings go only through 2016-07-19.

I have tried again to perform the EPG extension (per the “How to extend your EPG subscription successfully” FAQ), however I am of course told that my account already exists (since I did this step back in early June).

I contacted Customer Support via that web page five days ago, and have received no answer other than an automated response.

Please help!

— Erik

Hi Erik,

I have the same problem! Filed ticket number 2016070916000019, but no response. There is no phone number to contact geniatech, either. I guess they just don't care about us.

• Thanks 1

I’m sorry to hear this, Klaus. Hopefully, though, they’ll now see this as a Geniatech problem, rather than a customer who just doesn’t understand how to renew properly.

Geniatech, I’m enclosing a copy of my Elgato EyeTV EPG order confirmation and renewal key from February (2016-02-26). Paired with my ticket number 2016070916000126” you should have all the information you need to make this right.

Thanks,

— Erik

EyeTV TV Guide renewal key 2016-02-26.png

EyeTV EPG order confirmation 2016-02-26.png

Thank you, NinjaKai (Kaihao?)!

Klaus, I’ve confirmed that my copy of EyeTV now reports a correct subscription expiration date, and I again have the usual 12 or 13 days of listings. I hope your situation was resolved, too.

I’ll happily give Geniatech 5 out of 5 for “making things right,” 5 out of 5 for attitude and courtesy, and (not so happily) 2 out of 5 for promptness. Television is scarcely a critical activity, but those of us who rely on Smart Guides (I have nearly 800) are dead in the water without up-to-date EPG information, so promptness is important.

Nonetheless, all was resolved satisfactorily. Thank you again, NinjaKai!

— Erik

Edited by erikmh
typo

I'm still not happy. Waiting for Gracenote server  to work for me here in Sweden. Have been out of the service since beginning of the month. Have received a ticketnr and a "sorry for the inconvinience" but no working service.

[Ticket#201607191600024] and f 1or the same issue when previous laps in service [Ticket#2016071516000132]

That is not good, @lzachs!  :( Clearly, Geniatech is having some growing pains. I’m more than happy to cut a company a little slack when they’re in the position of supporting lots of new users — and doing it with a large data import and conversion. (I used to work in I.T.) But in Geniatech’s case their heart just doesn’t seem to be in it. It seems like they only occasionally check in here — and tickets go ignored for days or weeks at a time. That’s not right: we are paying customers, and I hope this gets resolved for you soon. @NinjaKai, can you help lzachs out?

On a different note, I am happy to hear you are from Sweden! We have a high-school exchange student from Sweden coming to stay with us (in the United States) this coming school year, and are looking forward to learning more about your language and culture!

I hope Geniatech gets Gracenote up and running for you soon,

— Erik

• Like 1

Thanks for the supporting words Erik,

I have now once again cleared the mac from EyeTV and reinstalled. But when I arrive at the point of registry it is a failure and asks me to connect to Internet where I clearly is. 

Today I tested to read the integrity police and that seemed to connect me to the North American site?? A clue to the problem? Choose the International version and reached the forum.

So is the EyeTV program supplied by Geniatech trying to connect me to a North American server for a Gracenote Guide? If so no wonder I can't get in contact with the Gracenote european version.

Edited by lzachs

Why use Gracenote?

In most European countries there are programs that generate a XMLTV file which can be used with programs like EyeTV.

• Haha 1

Same problem here, renewed in Feb 2016 for 1 year. Had to switch to new server when new version of eyetv installed, showed an expiration date of Sept 25 2016. Contacted support via website Sept 6 about this, including a copy of my email receipt for the 1 year renewal in Feb 2016.

I got a couple of responses (Sept 6th to try to use renewal link from receipt, which didn't work) and after a couple more emails a reply that this case would be discussed in a support meeting (Sept 14). No further responses since then and the trial subscription from the switch to the new server expired.

Ticket#2016082516000139

On 9/26/2016 at 6:09 PM, pbroe said:

Same problem here, renewed in Feb 2016 for 1 year. Had to switch to new server when new version of eyetv installed, showed an expiration date of Sept 25 2016. Contacted support via website Sept 6 about this, including a copy of my email receipt for the 1 year renewal in Feb 2016.

I got a couple of responses (Sept 6th to try to use renewal link from receipt, which didn't work) and after a couple more emails a reply that this case would be discussed in a support meeting (Sept 14). No further responses since then and the trial subscription from the switch to the new server expired.

Ticket#2016082516000139

And tonight my expiration date updated back to end of Feb 2017. Problem fixed.

I ordered and paid for new EPG and was charged to my credit card. I never received confirmation.

Unable to get EPG. Also don't understand term Webspot, where am supposed to enter e-mail and change my account information.

I didn't receive any ticket# like I see in other posts. E-mail to Genitech not answered.

On 10/7/2016 at 11:05 AM, RON BEECHLER said:

I ordered and paid for new EPG and was charged to my credit card. I never received confirmation.

Unable to get EPG. Also don't understand term Webshot where am supposed to enter e-mail and change my account information.

I didn't receive any ticket# like I see in other posts. E-mail to Genitech not answered.

I started experiencing the same issue tonight (EyeTV saying that my TV Guide subscription expired even though it should still be active).

@NinjaKai, I sent an e-mail to Geniatech support about the issue.  Please resolve, thank you.

I am hitting this problem now. Sent an email to Geniatech support and Sales - awaiting their response.

Under EyeTV preferences I see my email ID as avknaik@email.com - but there is a message under it saying "This account is not authorized to download guide data". I renewed my TV guide subscription on March 9, 2017 - (Your EPG Renewal Key (Order oid400770007186))

Please help get this resolved....

Hi,

We have replied you from email and please try another email account to check if you can access your EPG successfully.

And if you have any problem, please contact us with the emial and we will try our best to help you.

This is a note for myself (as much) as for anyone else.

I run EyeTV 3.6.9 on an old Mac Mini 2007  (OSX 10.6.8) - "Snow Leopard" using a HomeRUN network tuner.

Its been a sweet spot of stability for years.. upgrading either EyeTV or OSX introduced instabilities.. it runs reliably without updating.

TVGuide EPG renewals (go smoothly) if you pay online through Paypal, a few minutes later an email arrives (at the original email address for the EyeTV subscription signed up with Geniatech)(not necessarily the same as your Paypal email address). Included in the email is a "Link to activate:"

That "Link" includes the Subscription key embedded within the link.

I manually open a window on OSX, and use the original Apple Safari browser and manually type the "Link to activate:" with the Subscription key embedded into the Safari address bar then press "Enter"

Safari does not browse to the website link, instead it activates the EyeTV program, which then "automatically" performs the renewal and activation while you watch.

I regularly use other browsers and other operating systems on other computers. (None) of those browsers, operating systems or computers will start the EyeTV program on my original Mac Mini 2007 (OSX 10.6.8) and automatically perform the renewal and activation. You have to perform the renewal and activation on the computer where EyeTV is run, using the Safari browser on that computer.

I have never asked technical support for help, but it is possible they have a "Way" to do this for you from their side, which while convenient, may not be the best solution if you wish to understand and do it yourself.

Have a nice day.

p.s. When I (often) forget this procedure, and cut 'n paste or double click the Link to activate from the email itself, resulting in a browser "Attempting" to open a website.. nothing happens. Usually I am in a different kind of browser on the Mac Mini 2007, or on a different computer reading my email.

Instead what happens is the browser appears to attempt to follow the link, and stops with a blank page.

The address bar indicates "trip complete" and offers up the "refresh" arrow indicating I can try again if I like.

This always confuses me.. until I recall.. Apple like Microsoft dabbled in "helpers" for their browser which can intercept specific URL fetches and perform local operating system procedures based on additional content in the URL.

No "errors" occur, there is nothing to indicate anything went wrong.. but.. the EyeTV program continues to indicate the same expiration date for the previous years subscription.

After performing the correct procedure, putting the Link to activate in the Safari browser on the Mac Mini 2007 and allowing it to renew and activate. The EyeTV program indicates the subscription has been renewed and activated by displaying the (new) expiration date far in the future.