richardr

Unable to tune in any channels

27 inch iMac.  Here is the information:
CPU: 3.2 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 gB 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT 755M 1024MB

In the EyeTV Preferences window I opened the Devices / Signal to watch the Signal strength and quality during auto tune.  I noted that the Signal quality went up to 100% during the tuning of a number of channels, although when the auto tuning completed, there were still 0 Channels in the EyeTV Programs window.

I then attempted to manually enter channel 19 (503000 kHz), which is one of the channels displaying 100% signal quality, through the Add ATSC Multiplex window.  After entering the frequency, the window displays, Signal: Yes, Signal Strength: 100%, Signal Quality: 100%.  After selecting the "Add" button, the EyeTV main window displayed "Auto-Tune in Progress..." then "No Channels Please run the EyeTV Setup Assistant from the Help Menu" and the EyeTV Programs window continued to show 0 channels.  I attempted the manual add channel channel 19 several times and another channel, with the same results.

It appears to me that the tuner is able to recognize the ATSC channels with good signals coming in through the antenna, but cannot save these channels.

I spent 4 days on an e-mail thread with Geniatech.  Unfortunately they don't read my e-mail and ask for information I already sent.  They finally said they could not help.

Any ideas would be welcome.

I loaded eyetv 3.6.9 (7416), which I had not been able to use previously because it did not have EyeTV U6 as a hardware option.  This time I did not have to select a hardware option.  It worked and tuned in 85 channels.

I am in the US.

Edited by richardr

Richard - can you point me to the 7416 version download - I seem to only be able to download the latest version 

I'm having a similar problem however, the channels are showing 0 signal, instead of the 100 % you were seeing.

Thanks

Steve

Did it help? This voodoo-problem still remains. Using eyeTV 3.6.9(7530) in germany on 310 and sat free…

Don't hope on any help from geniatech, no answers, no hints and no repair…