Janne

EYETV3 (OSX) started to crash with my EyeTV T2 Hybrid

Hi,

I purchased EyeTV T2 Hybrid in late May and have been a happy user ever since.

A couple of days back the OSX app started crashing upon startup, I reinstalled earlier versions, the most current version to no avail.

I have found out that the EYETV application crashes immediately if the tuner is plugged in any USB port (I also have an old tuner from Elgato times which did not have HD support - and plugging that tuner in does not cause crashing).

The EYETV app works fine (can view recordings) when the tuner is not plugged in.

Could my tuner have broken and that causes the crashing ?

(I did fill in a support form 4-5 days ago with crash logs and all, but have not heard anything back - hence this approach)

Please advise,

Edited by Janne
mistake in title

On 2017/9/7 at 2:43 AM, Janne said:

Hi,

I purchased EyeTV T2 Hybrid in late May and have been a happy user ever since.

A couple of days back the OSX app started crashing upon startup, I reinstalled earlier versions, the most current version to no avail.

I have found out that the EYETV application crashes immediately if the tuner is plugged in any USB port (I also have an old tuner from Elgato times which did not have HD support - and plugging that tuner in does not cause crashing).

The EYETV app works fine (can view recordings) when the tuner is not plugged in.

Could my tuner have broken and that causes the crashing ?

(I did fill in a support form 4-5 days ago with crash logs and all, but have not heard anything back - hence this approach)

Please advise,

Hi Janne,

May you give us your support tickect number via PM? In this case, your hardware might be faulty. 

Hello Janne, hello thomaskud,

i have the same problem! I contact support 5 times with Screens and Crash-Report and: NO REACTION [Ticket#2017112716000449] until yet!!! I'm a EyeTV user since a lot of years and I remember the PERFECT Service from Elgato! They never stopped support until problem was solved! 

I'm very displeased with support from Geniatech. :-(( 

Michael

I agree Michael.

I don't know whether you are from EU (I am), but this kind of blatant selling of defective products together with ignoring support requests altogether is a gross violation of EU consumer protection policies. 

Should someone from Geniatech be still reading these forums, please either:

a) send me a replacement product immediately or

b) refund my purchase to my PayPal account

My order reference code is oid400770008037