Dmbmke

EyeTV stuttering

My eyetv is stuttering badly (build 7529). The playback is much smoother is HDHomeRun View. 

Im running public beta 9 of High Sierra. 

Any suggestions to help smooth things out?

I know how you feel.  EyeTV could be a great product but is not supported, and bugs are an increasing problem - my install on a Mac Mini frequently crashes due to an EyeTV panic which makes the whole Mac OS system reboot (say once out of 10 to 20 times) after recordings start, resulting in incomplete recordings.   Very poor.  I digress.

I once had the stuttering problem.  What worked for me was connecting all EyeTV computers and the SiliconDust tuner using wired Ethernet to a single 20USD Gigabit switch.

Anyway, hope the SilconDust DVR works out - can you edit commercials out of the recorded video?  Can you export the recorded program streams MPEG files?  If so, I might change too.

Edited by chuckles67

I am running MacOS High Sierra v 10.13.6 with the EyeTV Hybrid dongle with an external TV antenna attached, and EyeTV3 software version 3.6.9 (7530).  I had the stuttering problem really badly, making the TV programs unwatchable, and I tried everything including Geniatech support and looking at numerous forum posts.  Nothing helped until I found the solution which (for me) was very simple.  The stuttering only affected about half the channels; the other half were fine.  So I went to the on-screen control, clicked in the top right hand corner to bring up the control window, selected "Channels" and un-checked the boxes for all the channels affected by stuttering so they no longer appeared as available to select.  Problem solved.

I still don't understand why I had the problem in the first place because there doesn't seem to be any pattern to which channels are affected by the stuttering and which aren't.  The signal strength for all of them appears to be the same.  Some channels which one would expect to be affected by stuttering because they use extra resources, like the HD channels, worked fine.  Other channels like the radio channels, which one would expect not to be affected, were.  Hope this helps someone.

i'm also running MacOS High Sierra v 10.13.6,  EyeTV Hybrid dongle, HDHomerun and EyeTV3  3.6.9 (7528) b/c eyetv4 doesn't support the hdhr:-\

recently several channels have started jerky playback, but only @ fullscreen...windows play smoothly...wtf???