rtraill

Silicon Dust HDHomeRun CONNECT 4 tuner

Hi all, this just posted from SiliconDust page:

"The New 5th Generation HDHomeRun CONNECT has launched in the USA and there have been many questions regarding launch in other regions globally, here is some detail:
There is a 2 tuner (replacing current CONNECT with a slimmer, sleek metal enclosure design, with same great function) and a new 4 tuner model offering more tuners with one antenna input to increase your base tuner count or add to your existing tuners.
These have launched in USA only at this time.
Other regional role outs will continue into mid to late 2018 (4 tuner HDHomeRun QUATRO is sold exclusively through Best Buy USA through Dec 31st)
UK EU AU NZ devices use DVB-T or DVB-T2 (different hardware / guts) signals and those are in the production and certification processes now.
Roll out will begin in UK retail before end of the year and continue to Q1 2018 for EU, AU and NZ markets. These require more on the certification side than other regions. Which takes significantly more time."

Do you think this might be a supported tuner for EyeTV (Australian version of the above)?

Has anybody in North America tried the new HDhomerun Quatro with EyeTV yet? I'm thinking of upgrading from the Connect, but I want to make sure that it works with my current setup before I do.

It’s all irrelevant now as Geniatech has removed HD support for Homerun devices as of the 7521 version of EyeTV 😩. Although 7520 still works but as it is 32 bit it will stop working with the next version of the MacOS

rtraill, thanks for the reply. It does feel like we're getting the boot. I found that out as well with the new release and had to downgrade. Since the writing is on the wall, what's everyone's fall back? I'm trying to make the whole Tivo Roamio/Tablo/Plex/HDhomerun DVR decision now. Since the latter two use the same device, that seems like the logical step. It's too bad, I really liked what I had with EyeTV. It worked really well for a long time.

On 11/18/2017 at 4:09 PM, Curious said:

Has anybody in North America tried the new HDhomerun Quatro with EyeTV yet? I'm thinking of upgrading from the Connect, but I want to make sure that it works with my current setup before I do.

Yes, it works but with the limitation that EyeTV can only see 2 tuners.  Signal strength shows about the same as my old connect but signal quality is higher.

I picked up one at BestBuy.  They had a few even though the shelf tag sad Duo.

Thanks for the firsthand info. It sounds like the new Connects have a slightly  better tuner. They say it helps with channels on the edge. I've got a couple of those, so I'd like to see if it improves things.