LJM

fiber optic

I am  getting  fiber  optic internet, tv and phone service  very soon.  I use  EyeTV hybrid with my current  cable tv set  up.  Currently I have no set top box I split the cable line ran one to my tv  and the other  to my EyeTV hybrid,  and then into  my computer. I use  the  eyetv  app and my wireless  network to stream  tv  to my iphone and  ipad.  I have had this set up  for  a long time, at first without the streaming to the  mobile devices. I just watched TV  on my computer,  recorded shows  ect.  while it has never been 100% perfect it has been very very   good. My question is three part.  As I understand it I will need a separate  set top  box to be able to  view  programs  independent  of  my TV set is this true?  Secondly will my  eyetv  work  with a  cable that runs  from my Set top box to the eyetv  device?Thirdly will I be able to get the 232  channels  to register  with my eyetv.  and lastly is there  a  device  anywhere  like  my  eyetv  that  works  with fiber optic without the need  for a set  top  box?

Soooo  since there  was  no input here  nor any  other place I tried..the  fiber optic installers were here  yesterday and the  tech  went  with hdmi  to hdmi    from the set top box to my mid 2012  mac mini, and that  did not  work as far as putting tv on to my computer. Next  we tried coax  out  from the set top box  to  the  EyeTv  hybrid and onto the  computer via usb,  pretty much as  eyeTv is intended to work. No luck there either......until a tech suggested we put the channel to  channel 3.  That did  work, the tv  video came thru  pretty  good. There are some serious down sides  to this  the provider  issued  tv remote aimed at  the set top box is the only way  to change channels. The  tv video will stream to my ipad  and  iphone  with the eyetv app however if I want to change the channel I have to go to the computer and use the ip providers remote  on the  set top box.  the eyetv on screen controller and or menu  items will  adjust the volume and change the size of the video. It is not  perfect but I streamed  the world series  from my  computer  to my ipad  while  sitting  out on my back porch.