OldGoat

Gracenote Missing Programs

For the past 2 or 3 days the Gracenote program service has been missing random program schedules.  This seems to happen regularly which is most irritating.  Anyone have a clue as to the current situation?

Screen Shot 2017-10-29 at 19.34.01.jpg

Its a position that has got much worse recently. I also find that some channels just don't get updated at all especially BBC Four

A workaround is to clear the EPG.

This also clears your channel list and you will need to manually change BBC FOUR HD in the channels list after the update or Gracenote will give you the CBBC schedule

Here the programme list is now reduced to 3 channels, after disappearing gradually for two weeks.

I don't know if the country has any impact on the problem, but I live in France.

Has anybody seen or received a reaction from EyeTv regarding the problem??

This problem seems to come and go randomly.  Yesterday I had gaps in the schedule for 3 or 4 stations but manually updating retrieved them.  Quite frankly, once my subscription to Gracenote expires, I'll not be renewing it.  It certainly is not worth the money.