BobEyeTV

3.6.9 7521 breaks Geniatech EyeTV HD!

Installed this update yesterday.

Upon launch - no devices found! Tried to run the setup - still NO devices found.

Green light on EyeTV HD showing power, etc.

Reverted to old version 3.6.9. 7520 - no problems, tuner found and fine!  

Beware.

• Sad 1

This happened to me too.  I restored the older version from my TimeMachine backup... working as before.   @Denny What you can do is on the support page, they list prior versions, and it says you can contact support to download a prior version..   Hope this helps.

Edited by MatC
Turn on replies

Mac with El Cap using Eye TV 7520 successfully but upgrade to 7521 would not work. Did not see the EyeTV HD hardware. Please fix. Downgraded to 7520 and it works again. 

Edited by Uncle Bonehead
  • Sad 1

Mac running OS 10.12.6 Sierra having the same problem.. installed the update and it won't recognize eyetv HD hardware - No Signal -  fortunately like the others I always keep the previous version of eyetv because this isn't the first time I've had this issue with Geniatech

• Sad 1

Just to add to the debate I too installed EyeTV update only to find my Sat Free tuner no longer worked - no green light, nothing!  I thought it had burnt out until I read this thread.. reinstalled my previous version from Time Machine and tested it. Bingo... it worked again. Come on GeniaTech - this isn't really good enough!

Broke our EyeTV, too for over air TV stations.  Says something like no reception.  

WHAT SUCKS IS... they NEVER include any instructions WITH the installer if there's additional necessary actions needed.

I only came to the site to send a message to support, when I saw something vaguely mentioned about having to "auto tune" after installing.  I haven't looked into the info yet, nor tried anything, but I suspect that may fix our issue.  

But don't you think they could tell you BEFORE you uselessly waste all "that" time trouble shooting that you most likely never had to do??

By the way... I too, kept our previous version of our app, and running on that fine with no issue.  Their installer will automatically put the old version in the trash, untouched, unharmed.  Just swap the new and the previous version.  That's the case, at least on a Mac.

• Sad 1

I installed the update on my iMac 14,3 running 10.12.6. When I select open live window it says no signal. I reverted back to previous version and my Elgato Hybrid now works. Btw I've got my Hybrid hooked up to an antenna receiving ATSC here in the US. 

If you are using a HD Homerun you will never want to update your EyeTV in the future!

This is what I got from Geniatech with the issues I was having not being able to connect to my HD Homerun.

Hi terry,
Thank you for contacting us.

We just confirme with the techs that they remove the hd home run and do not support it from the 7521 version of eyetv 3 software, so please use the 7520 version and it will work well with your product:
https://www.geniatech.com/wp-content/uploads/software/EyeTV3.6.9(7520)20170831.dmg
It is the decision of our company that we do not support the HD home run anymore.
We are really sorry for the inconvenience.
Kind regards,
Claire 
Geniatech EyeTV Support Team

7 hours ago, terry althoff said:

If you are using a HD Homerun you will never want to update your EyeTV in the future!

This is what I got from Geniatech with the issues I was having not being able to connect to my HD Homerun.

Hi terry,
Thank you for contacting us.

We just confirme with the techs that they remove the hd home run and do not support it from the 7521 version of eyetv 3 software, so please use the 7520 version and it will work well with your product:
https://www.geniatech.com/wp-content/uploads/software/EyeTV3.6.9(7520)20170831.dmg
It is the decision of our company that we do not support the HD home run anymore.
We are really sorry for the inconvenience.
Kind regards,
Claire 
Geniatech EyeTV Support Team

@claire

Most compagnies have the decency to inform their customers beforehand instead of letting them find out the hard way.

Sorry to say, but in respect to customer friendliness you are worse than Elgato already was.

On 16/11/2017 at 2:44 PM, Howie said:

3.6.9(7522) restores functionality for the EyeTV HD. Thankfully.

I don't how it works for you. It does not work for me or AndrewB. And who knows who else?

For eleven years now I've been recommending EyeTV to anyone and everyone who will listen. I've lost track of the number of purchases that were due to my recommendation.

And my name is now mud, because Geniatech has decided with no warning to completely pull out of the North American market.

Well, now I know what to do the next time a Chinese company purchases a product I use!

On 2017-11-19 at 1:27 AM, listohan said:

I don't how it works for you. It does not work for me or AndrewB. And who knows who else?

As per the thread title... I have an EyeTV HD, and I am using 3.6.9(7522) without problem. What else can I say?

I realize it breaks compatibility with the HDHomerun, but that's a totally different product than my EyeTV HD device.

Edited by Howie
added more info