Granatn

EyeTV 3.6.9 (7522) Does not stop a scheduled recording at end of show

Hi,

I have the problem that EyeTV 3.6.9 (7522) does not stop a scheduled recording at the end of the show. It just keeps on recording. The only way to stop that is to quit EyeTV. I did not have this problem before I upgraded to macOS High Sierra (10.13).

Greetings,
Granatn

I have the same issue. I do find the recording seems to stop after about 4 hours

It is extremely annoying if you have multiple recordings scheduled. Often later shows are recorded within an earlier. It also locks out recording other channels so I will miss recordings

It is the same behaviour whether using an APFS or HFS filesystem for storage

Snap. One or more records a day fails to stop at the end of the programme, running on for four hour instead of 30 or 60 minutes. Some recordings also seem to be starting late, maybe 15 minutes late. or not at all.

eyetv 3.6.9 7522 on macOS 10.13.2

Same issue.

I am getting recordings up to 23h long and many tens of GB large, but sometimes only 2h or 4h longer than scheduled. Not every recording is too long, but about 1/3 to 1/2.

It does not matter if there is another recording scheduled while it is running over. If it on the same hardware, it ignores the later recording. If the second recording is on SAT>IP while it is running overtime recording DVB-S on the Hybrid, the SAT>IP recording works.  

My hardware is up to spec, all software always up to date.

I opened a ticket about this on Oct 15 2017 - I believe this was before OS X High Sierra, which was released a week later.

The hint from Geniatech was to reinstall completely. The issue persists under High Sierra as before.

AA couple of 7 hour recordings yesterday evening!

I have just done a complete re-install. I'm not holding my breath on this making a difference

Will report back 

Just EyeTV. 

I have a VM with a clean install of High Sierra for testing stuff. Might hook up EyeTV and see what happens if the reinstall of the application makes no difference

I've first removed all EyeTV stuff - rebooted - installed 7520 and it works :D this morning I've updated to 7522 and recorded 3 different broadcast with no issues - 5 mins before and 15 mins after

EyeTV.png.3a7ab6d1f91661ee88ecdcb3d744cb6d.png

Edited by JuHa

Following my clean install of 7522 my first recording was fine. Two recordings last night ran over.

Bizarrely daytime recordings seem to record fine. It just the evening ones that have a problem

more research needed

I can confirm problems with evening recordings. Yesterday I scheduled Tagesthemen at 22:15 duration 30 mins - recording stops after 1:45 h - it's strange 

I'm seeing similar behaviors as well. I noticed that the recordings that were over-running stop when I unlock the screen and interface with EyeTV Console.  I did not notice if it is when I unlock the screen or if it is when I start use of the EyeTV Console.  I don't see the problem when I run a recording when the screen console is in use.  I turned off MacOS power savings completely, but the behavior persisted. I cannot upgrade to the next version because 3.6.9 (7522) stopped supporting the SiliconDust network tuners I have. Currently at EyeTV version 3.6.9 (7520).

Possibly figured out why people may not get a response from Genitech. Their email service is configured badly. Their outbound email fails BATV checks which is designed to stop spoofed return addresses and probably switched on by most receiving services. I have temporarily turned it off for my email after noticing my server bounced an email

GENIATECH - FIX YOUR EMAIL!

The answer is ….

7523 is still broken. An 11 Gb recording of over 4 hours for a scheduled 30 minute record

This is with all power saving features turned off

Stuart

EyeTV: A New Hope….

I may have found the source of the problem. I think it could be related to the Night Shift mode introduced in High Sierra. Why I have no idea but this could explain why I do not see the problem during the daytime

I turned Night Shift off  on a hunch (do this in the Displays preference pane) a couple of days ago and all of my evening recordings since then have started and stopped on time. This included five recordings on the same channel last night

Can those of you with the same problem. Confirm if you are using Night Shift. If you are switch it off for a few days to see what happens.

Thanks

Stuart

I have the same problem on Sierra.. so no Nigh Shift mode here. This is a EyeTV bug, has been for a long time and just seems to happen more often now than it use to in previous versions.

This happens to me at least 2 or 3 times a week on different tuner (DVB-T usb diversity, SAT-IP DVB-S2, ...).

I have no faith in Geniatech fixing this after seeing where EyeTV is going (nowhere and they are removing 3rd party tuner support pissing of a good part of their customer).

Fell back to 3.6.9 (7516), fresh install. Requested it from Geniatech, and they generously supplied me with a download link. Deleted /Applications/Eyetv.app and /Library/EyeTV stuff before reinstalling. Then scheduled recordings during the daytime & locked the screen. Two of them recorded too way too long and one recorded for one second. I have two HDHomerun Duos so tuner resources were not the problem on the one-second recording. OS is High Sierra. Tried again after turning off night shift with 2 scheduled recordings. One was okay, and another stopped when I unlocked the screen and was 1.5 hours past where it should have stopped.

EyeTV - Revenge of the Sith

Sadly I too experience two overruns last night. Damn I really hoped I had found the problem.

I also received a somewhat unhelpful recommendation for Geniatech Support yesterday morning. 

"Because we have receive other customers feedback the same problem with you so we test the recording with our self and we can record and stop at correct time, so it is not the problem with the software.

Please try your prodcut with another computer which is not the high sieera system to check if it can work well."

here I've attached an EyeTV container from a failed recording (without the mpg file). It was a news show from MARCH 4 22:45 to 23:15 - I've scheduled the recording to start at 22:40 and end at 23:30 (15 mins extra). The job started at 22:40 but recorded 2 hrs 19mins. Hope some one could analyze it and found something to fix the problem  

Greenshot 2018-03-05 20.31.30.png

Tagesthemen - mit Sport und Wetter.eyetv.zip

Edited by JuHa

Same issue here. Many recordings just don't stop. This results in recordings of up to 9.5 hours and 70 GB file size. The whole night!

Important observation: EyeTV stops the recording as soon as I start using my computer again:

• Computer is running and recording (On the switch, I can see the network traffic between the Netstream 4SAT and my iMac)
  • Display is turned off
  • I hit a key on the keyboard and enter my password
  • At this moment, EyeTV stops the "endless" recording

This is a relatively new issue for me. Probably started with the update to 10.13.4.

EyeTV - Endless Recording 1.png