JuHa

No firmware update

Last week I bought a new Netstream 4c from the Geniatech shop. Installation runs easy but I didn't receive a firmware update. My Netstream reported 

EyeTV Netstream 4C
Serial: 3167
Version: 1.1.0-390r1

The Netstream also disconnected after 30 min from EyeTV - after restarting EyeTV the Netstream was reconnected.

My setup: 

• MacMini (End 2014)
  • HighSierra 10.13.1
  • Fritz!Box 7430 - cat6 cables
  • EyeTV 3.6.9 (7520) - same behavior with 7521 or 7522  

Any ideas?

Have the same problem. My Firmware is on 1.1.0-390r1.

Neither eyeTV on a mac or iPhone show me an option to upgrade the firmware.

I tried on Windows and THC said my Firmware is "too old", I should update.

I can't find online which the newest firmware is. Is there any?

I tried to email Geniatech support in German and English, tried their hotline. - Nothing. Geniatech support is the worst experience I had with a company since ages. Nobody can tell me how to update from this super old firmware.

I wish there was another option on a mac than EyeTV. Hardware barely works, software is not (really) updated since over 10 years. Airplay? No. Fullscreen (OSX)? No. Modern interface? No. Apple TV software is a joke. iOS is crashing a lot. Android software is... how should I know? :)

And I am so stupid and keep buying that stuff. Horrible! :( 

EyeTV 4C.jpg

@eyekey " wish there was another option on a mac than EyeTV."

You could switch to DVBlink (works out of the box. check dvblogic.com) or if you love tinkering then MythTV or TVHeadend (if you own a NAS) are alternatives. DVBlink does almost everything EyeTV does but with good support. Pity is that their scheduling options are rudimentary.

22 hours ago, Ton said:

You could switch to DVBlink

Does not work in Germany. And it sticks into a single computer via USB.

I used HDHomerun (European version) since a few years. It worked flawlessly. EyeTV dropped support, so I bought a Netstream 4C. Sadly it is buggier than a third party device. The TV-window closes every now and then. It is so sad, they cannot even maintain their own hardware well.

BTW... I asked on Amazon which is the newest firmware. For Netstream 4C it is 1.1.0.402r1-V1. The question is, how to get my device updated to that? Mac, iOS and Android are not showing a button to update. And Geniatech is bungling.

I bought a Netstream 4c on friday from Amazon. I was hoping to get things sorted out, but i also coulnd't update the firmware and the Apple TV app is a joke, indeed.

So i will send it back today. My next attempt will be a VU+ box (or another linux tv streaming set top box) with about two cable tuners and the vuplusTV app for Apple TV:

vuplusTV app:

https://itunes.apple.com/de/app/vuplustv/id1068958397?mt=8

thread:

https://www.vuplus-support.org/wbb4/index.php?thread/90469-tvos-vu-tv-app-appletv-support-thread/&pageNo=42&s=67a6fd1bc983a504ddb993bbecdceacce8e889a1

k

13 hours ago, krlklm said:

My next attempt will be a VU+ box (or another linux tv streaming set top box) with about two cable tuners and the vuplusTV app for Apple TV:

Looks amazing!

Please give feedback after you set it up. Software looks very modern (unlike EyeTV which is still in 2005). But there is not a MacOS app, or am I wrong?

Are you in Germany, too?

yes, frankfurt. I'm not sure when i will find the time to make the research on which of those linux set top boxes to get, but hopefully I don't forget to make a post over here when its done.

I'm not aware of a macOS app for this setup, no.

Edited by krlklm

After going back from the latest version of EyeTV to version 7412, I was able to update the firmware to 1.1.0.402r1-V1. The option just came up in the setting menu.

On 6/27/2018 at 1:04 PM, Reiner said:

After going back from the latest version of EyeTV to version 7412, I was able to update the firmware to 1.1.0.402r1-V1. The option just came up in the setting menu.

Thank you Reiner. Luckily I was able to restore version 7416 out of an old TimeMachine-Backup. I did the trick. Suddenly the firmware update came up and worked.

I am pretty happy. Thanks. Now I can finally use my iPad to watch TV!

Sadly Geniatech did not help me with this matter within the last 12 months. Their customer service is pretty bad. I wonder if they will update to 64Bit before it is too late. My guess: they won't. Lol!

hi there, what is the complete Name of the 7412/16 Eyetv Version and where to get it? I have the same Problem in updating Netstream 4c.

Thanks a lot

I bet the easiest way to update the netstream4c is by opening it's webserver-page (http://<ip-address-of-the-netstream4c>) and click the update button there.