Sign in to follow this  
Phillie14586

antenna tuner

Spectrum is finally making everything encrypted in our area. I have a couple HDHomeRuns. I tried hooking them up to my antenna but they did not work. I thought they had both antenna and cable tuner but obviously not. Does the HDHomeRun Connect 4 tuner  work with EyeTV?

I did some more detective work and found my original HDHomeRun is both antenna and cable compatible. The newer tuner I bought a couple years ago is only cable. I would like to get back to 4 tuners. I noticed the new units are either 2 or 4 tuner. Could EyeTV handle 6 tuners if I got a new 4 tuner? What kind of through put would the network and disk drive need to record 6 streams while watching a 7th recorded? I wouldn't be recording 6 streams for extended periods. I would hope it would alleviate some of the losses at the beginning and end when the unit has to change channels between two consecutive recordings.

So EyeTV will only recognize 2 tuners in the quatro when used alone or in tandem with a dual tuner. I am running 7513 so it still recognizes the HDHomeRun units. It sounds like I was lucky not to get any update notices. Did they change any other functionality in the later versions other than dropping the most widely used tuners in the US?

Release Candidate eyetv 3.6.9 (7524)

Change Log

• - general improvements in performance & stability
  • - update eyetv plus – renew antivation / subscription