Sign in to follow this  
gretchenm

EyeTV 3.6.9 stops recording after 12 minutes

EyeTV 3.6.9 (7416) and HDHomeRun tuner. I've had this setup for years and it has worked great. I can't upgrade EyeTV too many subversions beyond this because it loses support for HDHomeRun tuner. 

My problem is that even though nothing has changed on my end, except a channel rescan, around mid February EyeTV would stop recording any one hour length scheduled item at somewhere between 12 and 19 minutes. The part that recorded shows no sign of signal degradation and it is across channels. In diagnostics everything is green. If I schedule test shows for 30 minutes they are still fine. I guess the workaroud would be to record a sequence of any show longer that 30 min in 30 min chunks. 

Don't know if it's related but I also started getting Expired! notices at the bottom of my sheduled items. I made sure every channel was changed from tv guide, which expired forever ago, to ATSC, but it didn't help. Could the recording shortening be related to that? I use TitanTV to schedule, but it happens with manually set recording too.

Oh EyeTV, I love your interface. I hope this is fixable somehow ...