martin

Secondary location for recordings

I would suggest that you add an option to add a secondary location for recordings, i.e. an external hard drive or network storage.

I imagine that the user will add the secondary location through "Settings > Recordings". Just like selecting the location for the "EyeTV Archive", the user will select the secondary location for "Archived recordings".

To move a recording to the secondary location, the user will simply tick a box, just like "iPhone" exports. Tick to move and remove the tick, to move the recording back to the main drive.

To free up space, it may also be possible to select when to auto-move recordings. I imagine that it would be possible to select "Days" and "Hours". If the user wants to move the recording fast, the user can select "0 days" and "1 hour". Most users would probably select "1 day" and "0 hours". When a recording is moved, it will automatically get ticked to show, that it's now on the secondary location.

I'm aware that I can just select an external drive as my primary drive for EyeTV recordings. I've tried this solution and it has failed on me, as the drive was not available and recordings ended up on a non-existing volumen. EyeTV should check that the volumen is available before moving a recording.

It is already possible to add multiple locations.

Just put alias to your EyeTV Archive folder which points to your new location and then restart EyeTV.

Now EyeTV sees all recordings in this new location too.