Sign in to follow this  
Schorschinjo

Bug Report: Sharing setting not persistent after reboot

Dear Geniatech,

I'm not too confident that you will read this or even care about this, but nevertheless, I'd like to contribute my part so that you could improve things.

When I start my Mac (Macbook Air, 10.13.4, but happens also with previous macOS versions), a software named PeakHour claims that it can not start properly, because some app occupies the TCP port it wanted to use. PeakHour suggests, that it could be EyeTV and it is: PeakHour wants to use the port that is used by EyeTV, when in the EyeTV settings --> sharing --> Access to my film archive in the local network is checked. (In German, it says "Mein Filmarchiv im lokalen Netzwerk freigeben"; my English translation is just a guess what it could be in English).

When I start EyeTV and uncheck this setting, PeakHour indeed can use the port. But sadly after restarting the Mac, the setting in EyeTV is switched on again. Therefore my observation: EyeTV does not keep the setting after rebooting.

Please fix this and also please generate a 64-bit app. Otherwise this will be the end of EyeTV, a former great software, which more and more seems to be abandonware, just like this forum.

BTW: Why did you open up this forum, when you never had the intention to take part in this forum?!? Why did you buy EyeTV, when you never had the intention to rev up your commitment for this tool?!? I hope the developers in Germany did or will find better employment.