cebu

When will there be a 64 bit version of EYE TV for mac?

A version 4 for Win is announced on Geniatech's site (14.95 €) while the version 3 for mac is still at 79,95 € being a 32 bit app which will be deprecated in the near future.
Am I alone in not understanding this kind of product policy?

Regards,
cebu (user of eyetv since 2006)

Edited by cebu
  • Thanks 1

On 4/24/2018 at 4:11 AM, cebu said:

A version 4 for Win is announced on Geniatech's site (14.95 €) while the version 3 for mac is still at 79,95 € being a 32 bit app which will be deprecated in the near future.
Am I alone in not understanding this kind of product policy?

Regards,
cebu (user of eyetv since 2006)

Geniatech is working on a 64 Bit Mac Version for Eyetv 3, which will be ready in time. 

On 7/27/2018 at 5:56 AM, Angela Xu said:

Geniatech is working on a 64 Bit Mac Version for Eyetv 3, which will be ready in time. 

Probably just like Geniatech is working on an aTV version but (after years) still did not deliver.

On 7/28/2018 at 6:10 PM, Ton said:

Probably just like Geniatech is working on an aTV version but (after years) still did not deliver.

I don't know the TV things. But Geniatech has announced they will be ready, they will. Please trust them. Their customes are all over the world. Why do they take risks to lose them? Now that you choose them, please just give a little faith of them.

• Sad 1

On 8/9/2018 at 6:00 AM, Angela Xu said:

I don't know the TV things. But Geniatech has announced they will be ready, they will. Please trust them. Their customes are all over the world. Why do they take risks to lose them? Now that you choose them, please just give a little faith of them.

Angela, you clearly do not know Geniatechs track record. Let me tell you: it is not lousy, it is very very lousy!

Not only promised they years ago a usable aTV app (which is not available on this day), they took away (without any warning) support for the most popular decoder (HDHomerun) a decoder which was sold directly by Elgato (predecessor of Geniatech), they hardly ever react to problems mentioned here.

So you better start reading some posts here before you post nonsens.

• Thanks 1

To put it slightly differently, none of us chose Geniatech!  Almost all here are people who purchased devices from Elgato or their software and then were sold down the river when the company was sold to Geniatech.  As they have no products to sell in Australia (as an example) and they have stopped EyeTV working on network tuners that are sold what market is there for they product in many parts of the world.  So you seem to be alone in the "give a little faith" game.

If they came out and said there were developing EyeTV 4 and what tuners it would support or provided the aTV app that we all asked for we might have a little faith.  As it is just a forlorn hope they will produce something and realise that without hardware no-one is going to buy their software!

• Like 1

On 8/17/2018 at 3:34 PM, rtraill said:

To put it slightly differently, none of us chose Geniatech!  Almost all here are people who purchased devices from Elgato or their software and then were sold down the river when the company was sold to Geniatech.  As they have no products to sell in Australia (as an example) and they have stopped EyeTV working on network tuners that are sold what market is there for they product in many parts of the world.  So you seem to be alone in the "give a little faith" game.

If they came out and said there were developing EyeTV 4 and what tuners it would support or provided the aTV app that we all asked for we might have a little faith.  As it is just a forlorn hope they will produce something and realise that without hardware no-one is going to buy their software!

Why do you so mean? Simply because my view is not the same as yours? I can't believe that what the kind of person you are to offend people who just want to express their own
ideas. When I entercountered the problem and looked for help, it was Geniatech providing me with service (For example,  they offered the updates of eyetv 3 software and development of the new eyetv 4 windows software )and support instead of others.   I did not initiatively choose them either, but no matter if you choose them or you have no choice but to wait, they did not stop resolving the problem-At least for me. Again, I express my own idea. 

Eyetv 4 windows has already been released, it supports the following tuners for now.  You also can visit their website: https://www.geniatech.eu/product/eyetv-4-windows/

We do not care about what the Windows version does or supports. EyeTV 4 doesn't exists on OS X (macOS) and for all we know , it might never exist on OS X.

We want 64 bits support on the Mac OS X version (macOS), supports for the tuners we bought with EyeTV when it was sold by Elgato (HDHomerun) and bug fixes.

And so far we haven't seen any of this, bugs have not been fixed and no effort is being made towards any of the things I mentioned above.

So we do not trust anything Geniatech is saying anymore.. this is the reality of the market, not someones view.

So if your use case is EyeTv 4 on Windows, you are in the wrong thread as here we're talking about EyeTV on OS X and the lack of support and/or update as well as wether or not there will be a 64 bits version for the future OS releases.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Mojave will still allow to run 32 bit apps, but it will be the last version of MacOSX with 32 bit support. 

Nevertheless, Geniatech does not give me confidence that they will deliver on time, even if it still is some time left...

Not commenting in this, ?their? forum is one part of the sad truth about the commitment of Geniatech.

On 9/22/2018 at 6:04 PM, Primi said:

I thought it does not work in Mojave anymore. Then I can install mojave
Thank you.

Did you still install Mojave?

did anyone else install Mojave?

does eye tv work?

EyeTV 3.6.9 (7524)

Mac OS 10.14.3, Mac mini 2018

Eye TV Netstream 4 Sat

Fritz Box 7490

No, there are still problems:, growing and growing in last weeks. Symptoms are:

-  sometimes  programmed recordings dont start

- somteimes parallel programmed recordings dont stop, resulting in many hours of TV material. 2nd record dont starts.

- sometimes programmed recordings stops  in. minute 29 , very curious.

A group is discussing this here:

* and last but not least: mojave announces, EyeTV as 32bit App will not work anymore in Apples next OS-Version

greetings

a.g.

Edited by Arnd_Gehrmann

Personally gave up waiting for this along with the fact that the HDHomerun tuners were dropped, so installed and download TV-Mosaic Plus/TV Adviser.

I found with the MM2018/Mojave 10.14.3 Combo with a a 15 minute sleep settings then would get 12 minutes of recording then stop.

If disabled sleep then worked fine.

I suspect your issue is how sleep action changed on newer macs and os.   My MM2009/EyeTV/10.10.x worked perfectly, the HDHomerun even worked with the FreeViewHD Channels but could be problematic getting to tune but once tuned in was great.

Solved my issue by moving to a Synology NAS, and now works flawlessly for me.    Use my iPad app to set recordings.

Personally still prefer the EyeTV software and wouldn't say never but would need

64bit Mac OS support, Am ALL Mac at home, with iPhone, iPad, ATV, MM2018 and then a MP2010 for editing in FCP X so Windows is a non-starter for me

Network Based DVB-T2 tuner either own or just allow HDHomerun Tuners, there is a teaser of a Netstream 4T as tuner in later build of EyeTV but never materialised.   As the 4S2 and 4C where DVB-S2 /  DVB-C tuners then would expect that the Netstream 4T was a DVB-T/T2 variant but my Computer nowhere near aerial socket so the Eye-TV T2 a non-starter.

On 6/1/2019 at 11:51 AM, AH7690 said:

Any sign of 64bit software getting close now to OSX 10.15 and then no 32bit

forgetaboutit!

eyetv is abandonware.  never worked on my 2012 mac mini, 2017 imac5k, and 2012 macbook pro (yet worked on my iphone6/X, ipad pro 10.5) ...  

Feels like abandonware on the MacOS. I will keep running EyeTV, though. Will not upgrade to Catalina until I absolutely must. That would be if Blizzard, makers of "World of Warcraft" requires it. My gaming iMac is also my TV iMac.

Now should be the time for 64 bit support. Catalina is here and EYE TV does not work any longer. No rush but knowing when and how much would be good,

On 6/26/2019 at 3:59 AM, MikPD said:

Now should be the time for 64 bit support. Catalina is here and EYE TV does not work any longer. No rush but knowing when and how much would be good,

T minus 2 months (60 days) and counting before catalina's release (and eyeTV and other 32bit apps are toast)

Do you know of other software we could buy to replace Eye TV?

Can we cancel our Eye tV program subscription as the software no longer runs with Catalina?

Existe-t-il un autre programme plus moderne pour remplacer Eye TV, le moribond?

Comment se fait-on rembourser l'abonnement aux programmes TV?