eyetvuser

Why Doesn't HD Homerun Extend Work with EyeTV with Transcode Off (MPEG-2 Streams)

Hi this question is a follow-on to the earlier announcement that eyeTV 3.6.9 (7521) and later doesn't support the Silcon Dust HD Homerun Extend (HDTC-2US) - see this thread.

Today I notice this post in the Geniatech FAQ which gives us one reason for this decision 

EyeTV is designed to work with standard MPEG-2 Transport Streams, as broadcast in the US, which the HDHomeRun Dual or HDHomeRun Connect provides.  It is not designed to work with transcoded H.264 streams from the HDHomeRun Plus [and HDHomeRun Extend], and unexpected behavior is likely, including no reception.

Now, I have all transcoding off on my HD Homerun Extend - see config page below

317813568_ScreenShot2018-10-10at23_11_32.png.1a39ec0d67b0fecb4fccbdc01a8e54e3.png

i.e. as far as I understand it my HD Homerun Extend is sending MPEG-2 transport streams - as required by newer eyetv versions. 

In fact it always sent MPEG-2 streams - I never had transcoding turned on - and this is working well today with eyeTV 3.6.9 (7520) which I continue to use.

So Geniatech, why can't the HD Homerun Extend (HDTC-2US) work with newer versions of EyeTV if I turn off transcoding?

Edited by eyetvuser