superleccy

EyeTV 3.6.9 on MacOS Mojave 10.14.1

Hello

Is anyone able to get EyeTV working on Mojave.  I get a "quit unexpectedly" dialog shortly after startup, when EyeTV, er, quits unexpectedly. See screenshot.

Using this with my EyeTV410 which up until this morning (when I upgraded to Mojave) has been going strong for 14 years.

Cheers

SL

Screenshot 2018-11-06 at 09.16.45.png

I have mac mini Mojave 11.4, no camera. Eyetv works fine and is llways on.

I prepead to load 11.4.. After stoppimg  all tasks, including eyetv , got 32-bit warning message.

Now I am waiting for 64-bit version

I've got a brand new 2018 Mac Mini, with Mojave of course, and the Eye TV app works fine but there's no signal from the DTT tuner stick.

Swapping it into the old Mini and it's fine, so nothing to do with the stick/aerial. 

Anyone seen this and got ideas??

I think there's a problem with the hardware not being recognized by Mac OS 10.14 Mojave.   I recently did a clean install on a Mac Mini and it would not operate my eyeTV HD box.  Luckily I had a Time Machine Backup, which allowed it to work.  Specifically, there's SIP, System Integrity Protection, on the latest OS.   (With TimeMachine, I think it reinstalls some hidden settings, specific to SIP, so restoring backup allowed it to work.   The settings on the backup were grandfathered in from a previous older version of MacOS.)  Be sure to go to  Privacy settings...sometimes there's a message that asks if you wish to allow "this software" to be installed. 

On my Mac Mini (Late 2014 model) with Mojave, EyeTV now keeps freezing (beach ball) after a few seconds or minutes, so now completely unusable. Geniatech doesn't respond (are they still alive?). Reinstalled OS and EyeTV, no difference. It worked before Mojave, although I'm not sure if the problems started occuring with the new OS or developed later. Does anyone have a similar situation or even a solution?

Mac Mini 2012 running Mojave 10.14.6 and it crashes whenever it's in the background. Seems to stay running fine in the foreground, but as this is not a machine dedicated to EyeTV, that's not an option. 

Since I upgraded to Mojave 10.14.6 early 2019 my eyeTV v 3.6.9 (7528) doesn't work anymore.

Programmes I programmed don't show up in the recording list, programmes that ARE in the list won't get recorded, programmes the get recorded (with 10 minutes plus at the beginning and at the end) are cut off before the movie ends asf.

In addition to that there's often - not always - the notice, that the programme will not be supported by Apple anymore and that ...

But when I look for Upgrades, I am always told that I got the latest version.

An E-Mail to Geniatec was nor answered.

Has anybody got a solution?

Thanks and greetings

Torsten

I have a late 2014 Mac mini and an eyetv hybrid with the 3.6.8 eyetv software. I upgraded the OS recently from (I think) Sierra to Mojave and like the original poster, I don’t remember noticing the freezes right away, but now it’s very difficult to watch anything because of these freezes. I know that the previous OS was 1 after the one it came with. It was crashing for awhile initially after the update, but I thought it had stabilized.

i tried deleting the eyetv helper application and having Eyetv reinstall it. No luck.

I did see the talk about spotlight indexing and noted during a free that it I clicked on the desktop, then hovered the cursor over the spotlight menu icon and it changed to the beach ball.

Has anyone figured this out? I’m thinking about trying to reinstall the old OS...

i finally decided to replace my 2006 minimac, running 10.6.8/etv3.6.9(7528)/hrhomerun/hybrid with  a mojave system, but while the hybrid stick appears in the system profiler, it is not recognized by eyetv:-( and of course the 64 bit version has dropped hdhomerun

seems i'm stuck with a 14 y.o. mac:-\

Edited by tomw

After installing Mojave (10.14.6) Security Update 2020-005, eyetv 3.6.9 couldn’t detect my eyetv hardware (250 plus).  I was able to correct it by instructing macOS to ignore the security update.  It requires a Mac user account with admin access and the use of the Terminal (command line) application.

NOTE:  This will make your computer less secure and you won’t be able to do further macOS updates.

** Make sure you back up your computer before using this method. **

1. Log in to your Mac using an account with Admin privileges.
  2. Open the Terminal application.
  3. Verify Mojave Security Update 2020-005 is installed by typing the following at the prompt:  softwareupdate -1
  4. Press enter/return key
  5. If installed, the following error will appear in the first few lines: Class AMSupportURLConnectionDelegate is implemented in/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/OSPersonalization.framework/Versions/A/OSPersonalization (0x112f31358). One of the two will be used. Which one is undefined.
  6. Type the following at the prompt:  sudo softwareupdate --ignore "Security Update 2020-005"
  7. Press enter/return key and you should see this:  you should see this: Ignored updates:("Security Update 2020-005")
  8. Repeat steps 3 & 4 to confirm that you don’t see the update.

You can reset ignored updates by running this command:

sudo softwareupdate --reset-ignored