HCL

EyeTV 4SAT connecting to Koax output ?

ALL, 

sorry for  probably poor questions. I read a lot, but got finally confused. So I am looking for answers to two questions:

I am planning to buy a eye TV Netstream 4sat to stream SAT TV via Apple TV on an ordinary TV

First question: there is one Koax-Antenna output in the respective room, served from the "conventionel" SAT System in my house. I want to connect the EyeTV to that Koax-Antenna output. Does this work? The Eye TV has four input antenna adapters, which one do I have to use for the mentioned usage?

Second question: if the Koax-Antenna solution works, is it possible to connect and stream via Apple TV to the ordinary TV, as mentioned above?

Thank you for any comment and advice.

regards

HCL

Answering your questions it will 

1) work with the coax outlet of your SAT-Dish connecting it to the first (A) input of the Netstream 4Sat. You will be able to receive one SAT channel and send it to 1 device

2) work in the mentioned way with an AppleTV if it is a ATV4 version and has the Netstream app installed.

You will NOT see any encrypted channel (SKY, HD+, ...) as the Netstream does not have a CI-Slot for smartcards. There is a workaround running an OSCAM server solution in your network, but there is no OSCAM client for the AppleTV.

So if you want to see encrypted channels you better go for a Dreambox or VU+ receiver and an app like vuplusTV on the AppleTV.